ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Nice to see the fuz out after the "cruisers" up Merry Hill (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/299634-nice-to-see-the-fuz-out-after-the-cruisers-up-merry-hill.html)

ALi-B 05 February 2004 11:23 PM

Nice to see the fuz out after the "cruisers" up Merry Hill

Ok, the police are out in full force sniffing round merry hill as usual to try and get rid of the boy racers or anyone who fancies conregating round there at night.

One thing that baffles me though.....

At the end of the week, they pack up with a "We've Stopped Them" attitude and boast to the press and public etc that they've stopped the problem.

Does it ever occur to these small minded people that all they have managed to achieve is to move the problem somewhere else?

Perhaps one day they may actually realise that their work is futile and perhaps allow for proper organised events to be held like the ACE cafe?? I'm not with the "cruising" scene - I grew out of that when my teen years ended, so I doubt I have biased views on this, or am I the only one who thinks that police are wasting a load of resources by moving the problem elesewhere and dishing out producers?

SiDHEaD 05 February 2004 11:58 PM

Now if ever there was a place to go to have a laugh, that is it. All those stupid looking "modified" cars. LMFAO!!!! Just too damn funny.

Andy

ALi-B 06 February 2004 12:23 AM

Yeah....just don't go in a scooby! ;)

Otherwise you'll end up driving home with a Nova and 2 Saxo's glued to your rear bumper and a producer from the fuz who think your part of this "cruise" :rolleyes:

SiDHEaD 06 February 2004 12:44 AM

Nah i've not been up since i got my scoob.

We used to go up and park up out the way and laugh at all the tossy driving by people in wankmobiles.

The best one was some prick in a nova (of course) who must have been too busy looking at himself in a window or something and hadn't noticed a stationary car ahead. He piled up onto the pavement and nearly ran down all the chavscum. Was piss funny watching them all dive out the way.

Andy

ALi-B 06 February 2004 12:53 AM

LOL

I think it sums up that culture quite nicely :D

Squizz 06 February 2004 08:00 AM

I've got no choice! :eek:

I work in offices at the Waterfront, which is part of Merry Hill... :rolleyes:

However, I'm hoping to resign today, but that may mean my scoob disappearing for good anyway! :(

SiDHEaD 06 February 2004 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Squizz
However, I'm hoping to resign today, but that may mean my scoob disappearing for good anyway! :(

eeeeek! :eek:

boomer 06 February 2004 09:47 PM

I wonder if this chappy was a regular visitor???

mb

SiDHEaD 06 February 2004 10:16 PM

LMAO!!! That's just plain funny!

Not as good as the bloke who did 136 or something through the 30mph limit in blakedown!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lightning101 06 February 2004 11:13 PM

I'd like to know where he got a 3.5 litre VR6 - its a 2.8 VReinmotor

even the R32 is only 3.2 litre

Dracoro 07 February 2004 12:37 AM

PR wise, the police are seen to be doing something, doesn't matter if they are successful or not as it's seen to be better than doing nothing. What if things get out of control too etc.

If they must 'meet' with their gay spoilers and neons, then why don't they go onwards to the blue oyster bar have have a meet there? :D They'll be able to pick up some new like minded pals too :D

On a serious note, if 'cruisers' are serious about being able to meet and compare small willies, I mean cars :D then they should hire some private land, an airfield or suchlike and organise a meet that way. Like a carshow etc.