ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Bleeding Gums - what does this imply ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/299208-bleeding-gums-what-does-this-imply.html)

CodeKey@Lisan 04 February 2004 09:17 PM

Bleeding Gums - what does this imply ?

Looking for a little medical advice...

Is this a vitamin deficiency ?

MarkO 04 February 2004 09:34 PM

It means you have gum disease, 'cos you're not brushing properly. Go and see your dentist, and make sure you brush your gums and not just your teeth. :D

yoza 04 February 2004 09:44 PM

I beg to differ.....:eek:

It means you could have Gingtivitis (gum disease).

This is a life threatening disease, and if your gums are actually bleeding you have only hours to live!:rolleyes:

You need 300ml of CORSODYL mouthwash ASAP.......

Only joking about the hours to live bit, and by the way go and brush your teeth, your breath stinks.;)

Later Yoza (village idiot)

ajm 04 February 2004 10:07 PM

Could be a number of things. Depends when they bleed. If it is spontaneous bleeding it could be scurvy (lack of vitamin C). If they bleed when you brush/floss then maybe poor technique or gum disease..... my advice is see a dentist!

Andy W 04 February 2004 10:11 PM

Gingivitis

Originally Posted by ajm
see a dentist!

towzer 04 February 2004 10:26 PM

A side affect of columbian marching powder????

andrewdelvard 04 February 2004 10:29 PM

Mmm...Maybe not the most sensible place to ask a question like this.
Dentist time maybe? Just a thought.

fast bloke 05 February 2004 12:30 AM

could be gingivingiginal cancer of course. See a dentist, but don't worry - up to 30% of cases live for more than a year, and nearly 2% of cases keep all their own teeth and can still talk after treatment (although it has had some detrimental effects on cognitive capacity... IE - You will have no idea who you are, what is going on or what you are talking about - like being pished al the time :D..... for free)

STi wanna Subaru 05 February 2004 08:51 AM

Bleeding Gums - what does this imply ?
You play the saxophone in The Simpsons???!

milo 05 February 2004 08:53 AM

what are u talking about?! scoobynet is clearly the best place to seek medical advice.

i mean, if it says so on the internet.. particularly on an internet message board... then it must be true ;) :eek:

seriously tho.. i would say gingivitis as above is a possibility. or a vit c and/or k deficiency. my credientials are that i do all my own dentistry at home :eek: so take that for what its worth :) gingivitis is almost always reversable.

brush gently after every meal, floss, garge with salt water. do NOT use any common mouthwashes.. as they will aggrivate it.

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
Mmm...Maybe not the most sensible place to ask a question like this.
Dentist time maybe? Just a thought.

milo 05 February 2004 08:54 AM

should be past tense.. didnt he die?

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
You play the saxophone in The Simpsons???!

OllyK 05 February 2004 08:55 AM

As with anything medical, all very well to ask on here for opinions but no substitute for a face to face consultation with a professional. See your dentist. I used to get it now and again after brushing, seems I was just being a bit heavy handed at times!

STi wanna Subaru 05 February 2004 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by milo
should be past tense.. didnt he die?

He did........

*cough*geek*cough* ;) :p :D

Dr Hu 05 February 2004 01:29 PM

Congratualtions.......Your pregnant.............:)