ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   X-box questions.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/296717-x-box-questions.html)

mega_stream 28 January 2004 04:03 PM

Need to backup some games, is DVD-r the format I want?

Also, does anyone know what the files are that I need to be able to put movies on a DVD and play through a menu on the x-box?

Lan-Man had a disc with a load of files on, you then just added your movies on the disc and they appeared on the on-screen menu to play.

Any idea?

Hobo_Jojo 28 January 2004 04:07 PM

what format are the movies?

is it chipped (im assuming so)
have you got windows media player?

if so you can put divx and mpg videos on the hard drive or burn them to cd and play them or just bang a bunch on a dvd an play straight from avi file format etc

mega_stream 28 January 2004 04:08 PM

Yeah it's chipped ;)

My bruv did some mooovies which are avi files on a DVD-r, the xbox says it can't play the disc.

Xbox has got the standard hdd and o/s on, not got round to doing that bit yet

DJ Dunk 28 January 2004 04:12 PM

I would stick to using DVD-R's rather than +R's as compatibility is better.

Sounds like X-Box Media Player or X-Box Media Centre.
If you copy one of the above programs to your HDD, then you can play Divx and other media files straight from a normal ISO9660 DVD-R (Or HDD, Network etc) :)

Hobo_Jojo 28 January 2004 04:14 PM

aye fantastic progrma it is.

dunk could you mail me offline at kermits_lovechild@hotmail.com

as to where i could get latest version?

DJ Dunk 28 January 2004 04:19 PM

#xbins ;)

dsmith 28 January 2004 04:22 PM

I get great results playing DivX (from a relax share). All encoded to 2Gb files with orig AC3 (DD5.1) Sound tracks. You have to be looking *very* hard to decide its not the orig DVD.

Deano

RB5-Black 28 January 2004 04:30 PM

I've had no problems getting DVD+R backups working on my 4 month old Xbox what version it is I don't know:confused:

I used craxition and nero express 6 to write the DVD

Agree with Dunk Relax/XBMP is great. Only problem I had was Divx movies wouldn't play across my 11mbps wireless network. I just got a 54G wireless bridge and they work now :)

Hobo_Jojo 28 January 2004 04:33 PM

tried xbins...appears its been removed and put somewhere else, they give an ftp address for the daily builds but i cant ever get on as it ALWAYS says too many users etc.

DJ Dunk 28 January 2004 04:34 PM

The Craxion/Nero combo does it everytime for me too :) Superb for multi-game discs.

My 11mbps video streaming is still a bit beef jerky, need to try and sort it when I get a mo.

DJ Dunk 28 January 2004 04:36 PM

Keep trying the xbins FTP, takes a while to get on especially if new builds have just been released, but you'll get in eventually.

RB5-Black 28 January 2004 05:36 PM

I went from a Dlink 810 to the 810+ think it's 22 or 54 Mbps :confused: anywho it works better than the 11 and no more jerky divx filth :D oops :rolleyes: