ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Evo or Scooby (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/291926-evo-or-scooby.html)

Gaz ST200 15 January 2004 11:13 PM

What should i buy EVO7 or P1 :confused:

Fatman 15 January 2004 11:19 PM

Most people on Scoobynet will say go for the P1. I've never driven the Evo, so can't compare. The best thing you can do is ask P1 owners on here (and other Impreza forums) about their ownership experiences. Then do the same with the Evo. Test drive them both and weigh-up what they deliver with what need/expect and consider the experienced advice of the forum folk.

Fatman 15 January 2004 11:36 PM

Try the P1 web owners club forum, although there are P1 drivers on Scoobynet, too.

stephen emery 15 January 2004 11:40 PM

I hear MG rover have a 1.4 rocket thats great :)

Steve :)

DaveBlueRA 15 January 2004 11:42 PM

So you have come on a website called SCOOBYnet askin wether you should get a evo or a P1

I would of thought it was pretty obvious what most people on here would say

stephen emery 15 January 2004 11:44 PM

focus

terryb 15 January 2004 11:47 PM

Gaz

I was tempted by both before finally settling for a P1. It's more affordable, better looking and better sounding. OK it might not be quite as fast - but let's face it the difference is so slight that you'd never really notice it and driver skill would outweigh the performance difference anyway.

I know of an EVO 7 that has been in a local garage for weeks just waiting for a replacemnt turbo from Japan - at least with a P1 you shouldn't have to wait too long for any parts.

There is a cheap P1 for sale on here at the mo for about £16k and it's only 40k odd miles - that is a real bargain.... You can get the warranty officially extended up to 5 years also as it's an official UK car.

Hope this helps - but at the end of the day you need to drive them both and weigh up the cost of ownwership.

bits'n'pieces 16 January 2004 12:08 AM

you cannot beat a nissan skyline

RichiW 16 January 2004 12:14 AM

Test drive them both, disregard the comment re: parts, they are very easy to find.

Good Luck! :)

Subarussian 16 January 2004 12:26 AM

Best thing is to test drive both and decide for yourself.

I had been a big admirer of Evos... until I drove one at a Palmer day. I was VERY disappointed! Thought it was too soft (suspension, steering, pedals). It was fast but didn't feel fast. Where's a Scooby IMHO is a more hardcore driving experience.

But it will largely depend on your personal preferences. May be you'll love the Evo...

TVR Gary 16 January 2004 07:57 AM

If you said EVO6 or P1 I would say Evo ..... but i really dont like the 7

peccy 16 January 2004 08:29 AM

i was in the same situation a bit ago after selling my UK Turbo 2000, looked at a few different cars and test drives and did my research, EVO's, S2000's, LOTUS's, P1's then had a ride in and drove a STi6 Type R, was faster on paper then the above and this showed on the road too, with the addition on DCCD this car was much more able and fun too:) went for the WRC Ltd version aswell that comes with lots of nice extra's

if you do go for a P1 over the EVO then you should seriously think about gettin a Type R instead, for a version 6 my00 model they will be abut the same price if not a bit cheaper.