ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Fitting Afterburner Vortex (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/291286-fitting-afterburner-vortex.html)

Owl28 14 January 2004 12:46 PM

My brand spanking new afterburner vortex turned up today so I whipped it straight down the local garage to get it fitted....Simple??[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] No chance. The kink in the pipe from the rear silencer matched up no where near to the centre section, in fact when positioned correctly the flange on the back box was way off to the left hand side of the car!!! Have I been sent something completely different or has anyone else had any problems? I have a UK MY99. I'm currently in the process of contacting scooby world for help.

Steve :(

[Edited by Owl28 - 1/14/2004 12:47:59 PM]

Jimmy Dell 14 January 2004 01:15 PM

Had my Vortex fitted on Monday in about 10 minutes - no problems at all. I've got a classic WRX Wagon.

Sounds as though you may have got the wrong back box.

NeilT 14 January 2004 01:46 PM

Steve

As discussed with Wendy, the Afterburner Vortex uses an angled exit (for maximum gas-flow), so when your exhaust fitter held it up underneith the car with a straight exit at the rear, the centre section would have been way off the mark.

Let us know how you get on when you return to the fitters again.

cheers

Neil
www.scoobyworld.co.uk

[Edited by NeilT - 1/14/2004 1:47:10 PM]

Owl28 14 January 2004 05:29 PM

Just got back from Scooby Clinic where the professionals have yet again sorted my problem out.....NeilT, As yourself and Wendy kindly pionted out the back box is an angled exit, which the local " Experts " did not work out ( Or me, but I'm a bit thick :D ). Called Kev at Scoobyclinic and had a trip out to get it all sorted. The back box and new centre section are now all fitted and I enjoyed the beautifull burble all the way home;) Thanks again to Scooby world for all your help and Scoobyclinic for building my dreams!!LOL :D

Steve.

Jimmy Dell 14 January 2004 05:33 PM

lol! Classic! :D

At least it's on now and it does sound nice, doesn't it.

:)

NeilT 14 January 2004 05:36 PM

good stuff Steve - glad to know its sorted now!

cheers

Neil
www.scoobyworld.co.uk

Owl28 14 January 2004 06:51 PM

Yeah the sound is awesome although I couldn't really open her up as I took my mum along for the ride and she doesn't like the idea of me going through the revs quickly to hear it growl!!. So, I'm back at work tomorrow so I'll be able to really hear it. Don't quite know how I'm going to hide it from the girlfriend though! I'll let her go and buy some new shoes and ANOTHER hand bag " To match " Mind you I am taking her away next month for valentines. So I'd call that even!LOL ;)

Steve:D

willy 15 January 2004 01:35 PM

LOL, its funny how soooo many scoobynetters are in the same boat..
I`m gonna do the same.

Willy