ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Where to buy a knocklink 'Edinburgh area' (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/290113-where-to-buy-a-knocklink-edinburgh-area.html)

Sonic Blue Type R 11 January 2004 05:44 PM

Just wondering if there is anywhere around Edinburgh area I can get hold of a knocklink, need to get one fitted asap.

If not where is the best place to get one.

dougies549 11 January 2004 06:27 PM

Hi Sonic Blue

You would probably be just as quick ordering one from BR Developments as they usually only take a couple of day's to post out.

Cheers Dougie :)

[Edited by dougies549 - 1/11/2004 6:27:33 PM]

halowrx 11 January 2004 06:29 PM

I got mine from Jap Innovations, ordered it 10 am it arrived 10 am the next day and im in the Highlands - most places will get u it within 2 days..

Sonic Blue Type R 11 January 2004 08:44 PM

Cheers guys, I'll give BR Developments a call. Do you think they will be around £120? Don't want to pay too much more, could be having to fork out for a lambda sensor as well:(

THE DEVIANT 11 January 2004 09:30 PM

Sonic, I phoned BR to sell me the knocklink seperately from the sensor but they wouldn't. I already have the sensor+connector kit as I have a contact(much cheapness) for Bosch. If you want you can price up from Jap Inn. & BR and if cheaper i'll sell you mine and order another. I can probably organise delivery as well.

Dougster 11 January 2004 10:19 PM

Richard at Jap Innovations will sort you with a knocklink and Richard at Pentland Components will get you a bosch sensor.

Do the searching yourself as I aint advertising!! ;)

Sonic Blue Type R 12 January 2004 02:20 AM

I will contact Jap innovations to see how much the knocklink will cost including delivery, be about £88+pp.

I will just use the original knock sensor thats on the car and just wire up the knocklink to that, should be okay to do that, instead of buying another sensor!

trance 12 January 2004 03:42 AM

There is a waiting list for knocklinks from Jap innovations. Phoned not so long ago and was told i was about 14 th on the list!!

gregg

sg72 12 January 2004 05:49 PM

Hi SBTR

Don't think it's advisable to wire up knocklink to existing sensor as it apparently impedes the knock signal to the ECU.

So separate sensor is recommended.

Steve

halowrx 12 January 2004 06:01 PM

Give Jap innovations a call, he was waiting for display units to come in but managed to get me one next day.

Get the Bosch sensor much better range, dont think the OEM does much above 5k which isnt much use !

Best of luck

ozzy 12 January 2004 06:05 PM

Don't use the OE knock sensor whatever you do. You have to tap into the ECU knock signal wire and the display inteferes with it's voltage.

The Bosch sensor and connector can be had relatively cheaply from any Bosch dealer in the UK.

Details of part #'s here

I paid £38 for the sensor, but if you phone around or find someone who deals trade with a Bosch dealer, they can be had for around £20.

Stefan

Sonic Blue Type R 13 January 2004 12:58 AM

Cheers for the info guys, looks like I'll be buying a new sensor then, should be able to get one cheep from Pentland Components, I'll give them a phone tommorrow.

sg72 - What kind of tyres are you running just now, I've got Falkens and they are mince, well in the wet anyway!
Have to get some F1's or SO3's.

sg72 13 January 2004 06:37 PM

Hi Ewan

I have Goodyear GSD3s 215/40 17"s on the car(Very Good IMO)

Have tried Pirelli's OK.

Toyo Proxy's on 18"s (Poor)on fun roads.

Sonic Blue Type R 13 January 2004 07:31 PM

Cheers Steve, I'll give them a try, got to be better than these Falkens.

bazil2582 14 January 2004 12:28 AM

hi,

can i fit a knocklink straight onto MY94 WRX?