ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   My Puppy Is Having Her First Season...... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/288519-my-puppy-is-having-her-first-season.html)

red_dog104 07 January 2004 12:49 PM

Messy business! Anyway, just wondering if you know of anything that can be bought to 'cover up' the scent she is giving out to every dog within 2 miles!! It seems unfair not to walk her for a month but I don't want to be fighting off other dogs constantly while we are out!

jjones 07 January 2004 12:50 PM

Strychnine

red_dog104 07 January 2004 01:30 PM

Nevermind!! I've found something that hopefully should work now! :D

Mice_Elf 07 January 2004 01:30 PM

Spay her? Works wonders on the whole "going into season" thing, providing they remove all of the reproductive organs.

Redkop 07 January 2004 01:38 PM

Some Vets advocate letting bitches have a season first before spaying. My dog has just finished her 1st season and Vet said to wait 3 months before having her spayed. Luckily didn't have any dogs remotely come sniffing around her.

Lots of sprays available though to mask the scent

Mice_Elf 07 January 2004 01:41 PM

Really? I didn't know that. :D

LG John 07 January 2004 01:43 PM

Some Vets advocate letting bitches have a season first before spaying
ROTFLMAO :D Whilst that is a totally reasonable and technically correct sentance I still find it funny as fvck in school boy fashion :D:rolleyes::D

OllyK 07 January 2004 02:15 PM

Trade the bitch in for a dog!! :D

Diablo 07 January 2004 02:30 PM

Red, is she not still a bit young?

Most vets will suggest waiting till after first season before op.

Its to do with hormonal maturity.

jjones - if you have nothing constructive to say, perhaps you'd be better just fcuking off?

D

red_dog104 07 January 2004 03:13 PM

We are going to breed with her eventually so spaying is out of the question. Got a spray from the pet shop that will hopefully do the trick.

It's a nightmare though cause the other dog, Trev, keeps mounting her!! Luckily he's been done so there will be no puppies roaming around in the near future!!

Redkop 07 January 2004 03:38 PM

red - how old is she?

red_dog104 07 January 2004 03:41 PM

26 Weeks. Very young but apparently about right for a Staffy.

Tiggs 07 January 2004 03:56 PM

yep- always wait for first season.

we were going to do ours but never bothered. just run the dogs last thing at night when no other dogs are out and she wears nappies on the odd occasion the dogs are let out of the utility room. in fact only last week did she finish her last season and it was no big deal- certainly not worth the money and hassle to pay for an op.

T

MooseRacer 07 January 2004 09:02 PM

Unless you're planning to breed from your dog I'd recommend getting them spayed. Removes the risk of some serious health problems in later life.