ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   replacement PPP certificate? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/288191-replacement-ppp-certificate.html)

lucky_strike 06 January 2004 04:17 PM

Anyone needed to get a replacement PPP installation certificate. The dealer I bought the car from last year never gave it to me and repeated attempts to get it after the sale have resulted in nothing other than several phone calls by myself.

Anyway, I'm thinking of selling my the car now and would like the proof of PPP certificate.

Would I have better luck direct with Prodrive or will they have no record of individual car installations?

Thanks
Richard.

dean205xs 06 January 2004 04:31 PM

Interesting question. I bought my car just before christmas & it has the PPP, but they guy i bought it from didnt have the certificate.

I hda considered ringing prodrive direct. I would be interested to know how you get on.

RS Grant 06 January 2004 04:37 PM

Doubt that Prodrive would keep a record of every individual application, IIRC, Dealers just buy in the parts needed for a PPP Upgrade and fit it all themselves, so there isnt really any practical input from Prodrive themselves.

Possibly the supplying dealer might still have a record, keep trying them, and make sure they realise how important this is! :)

Doubt this reply has been any help, but best of luck anyway mate...

Cheers,
Grant

SimonD 06 January 2004 06:35 PM

I thought that the PPP was fitted at Banbury. Certainly was when I last asked about it (a while ago I must admit).
There are a few cars about that have been fitted with PPPs that have been sold on the secondhand market. Unlikely to be able to get a cert for these.

Neil Smalley 06 January 2004 06:45 PM

A record is kept of every car that has been PPP'd. They use these to determine if they can supply you with replacement PPP parts(e.g backboxes). Go to IM or call your local dealer. There should be a record.

MTR 06 January 2004 07:46 PM

The PPP kit is ordered for an individual car against its VIN number by the dealer from Prodrive.
So either Subaru UK and or Prodrive should be able to confirm the authenticity of fittment, and theoretically supply you with a replacement certificate made out for your car.

Cheers MTR

lucky_strike 07 January 2004 01:24 PM

Thanks for the replies, I'll give either Subaru UK or Prodrive themselves a go.

Cheers.

roc 07 January 2004 02:56 PM

Thanks for reminding me....I had my PPP fitted about a month ago, still haven't had my certificate sent through. Dealer said Prodrive will send it to me directly.

ARM-Scooby 07 January 2004 06:14 PM

should the dealer really give this to you when having the PPP fitted?

just wondering for future information

cheers

andy

ThrustSSC 07 January 2004 09:43 PM

Yep - dealer gave me mine when I got the PPP fitted. The Reg and Chassis No are printed onto the pre-printed certificate (by IM or Prodrive?) while the date and mileage are hand-written (by the dealer?).