ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Excellent service from the police (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/288116-excellent-service-from-the-police.html)

Little Miss WRX 06 January 2004 01:33 PM

After having received over 9 speeding/traffic offences through from a scroat who has got hold of my old car and not bothered to own up to having it, I have spent a while trying to get them cleared off my name.

I spent ages talking over the phone to Staffordshire and West Midlands police in order to get this sorted out.

I phoned up again this week to check that things were sorted, lo and behold, all offences are now cleared from my name. Only one hasn't been and they are in the process of clearing it. :D

Excellent stuff, they were really helpful and sympathetic.

Top job guys, thank you!!!! :D

[Edited by Little Miss WRX - 1/6/2004 1:35:32 PM]

J S W 06 January 2004 01:59 PM

Nice to here a happy ending, the police are blamed far to often IMO. It is normally the powers above that let them down.

:)

Puff The Magic Wagon! 06 January 2004 02:00 PM

Nice to know that when you come & visit you won't be arrested and shipped straight back for your crimes ;)

:o Oh! They don't do that any more :o

Little Miss WRX 06 January 2004 02:23 PM

LOL, unfortunately not. :D

Hehehe. :D

Yeah, I am well chuffed at how it was handled. :)

ChrisB 06 January 2004 02:45 PM

Shame ;) :p

Little Miss WRX 06 January 2004 08:30 PM

I am deeply hurt Mr B. :p LOL :D

doorman 06 January 2004 10:48 PM

enjoy it while it lasts' there soon nick u for some thing don't worry about that the sh1ts.

SideShowBob 06 January 2004 11:15 PM

I recon it was the female element, were they male police officers? bet they were, guys always try to help girls out.
Its like if a bloke cuts me up, Ill have a go, but a nice girl does it, and im all smiles and never minds.

Girls have it easy :)

UFO 06 January 2004 11:48 PM

[Sexist Mode ON]

but a nice girl does it, and im all smiles and never minds
That's just because most girls don't know any better where as a bloke deserves a telling off! Threatening your man hood, that’s what it comes down to!

[/Sexist Mode OFF]

PS Sincerest apologies to all the females on this board, I'm sure it applies to none of you, not sure what came over me :)

Little Miss WRX 07 January 2004 06:48 AM

Nothing to do with whether I was female or not.

Full story.

I got rid of my car two years ago. I have been in Australia since 13th February 2003.
My parents get over NINE traffic offences through the post ranging from 70 odd in a 30 to car not being taxed in June 2003 I have not returned to the UK at all since arriving in Australia.
I ring up the police and speak to people who were mainly FEMALE and ask them what needed to be done to sort this out.
I fax through information to them giving details of my entry into Australia, the visa I am using and details of who supposedly has the car now.

Later in the year, I get a phone call from mum telling me that I am due in court for one of the offences. Naturally I am pretty pissed off and ring up Staffs police and give one of the poor females hell over the phone only to be told that all the offences relating to them have all been cleared out of my name. I apologise and thank her profusely.

I then (somewhat chastened ;)) get on the phone to West Midlands police and calmly explain the situation to one of the FEMALES who then tells me all but one has been cleared out of my name. The one that hadn't been was a parking fine and that had gone to court. I thank her for her assistance and she duly gives me the relevant numbers I need to be phoning in order to chase the court up.

After getting on the phone to the Magistrates court, I have now managed to ensure that all offences relating to my old car are now clear.

In this case, the police did a superb job and were helpful and sympathetic all the way through.

SideShowBob 07 January 2004 06:55 AM

Whoa, so even the female police officers fancy you! you must have a great telephone voice ;)

Little Miss WRX 07 January 2004 06:58 AM

LMFAO! :D

Luke 07 January 2004 08:25 AM

But you are a foreigner now... And the Police/ Goverment will bend over backwards to help you. Come back to England and Try it...

Little Miss WRX 07 January 2004 11:51 AM

When I was residing in the UK I had as much assistance as I did in the above problems.

Brendan Hughes 07 January 2004 12:31 PM

Wow, lady PCs who like other ladies... white blouse, handcuffs... I've gotta go for a lie down...

Dracoro 07 January 2004 12:35 PM

Have they done anything about the current 'owner'??

Little Miss WRX 08 January 2004 12:25 AM

AFAIK they are putting something out (can't remember what she called it) so that if that vehicle is spotted out and about then it will be pulled over straight away and a full check run on it.

I said to them that I hope they catch the scroat and string him up, both services agreed with me. :)