ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Hands up if you will be playing in the snow tomorrow (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/286162-hands-up-if-you-will-be-playing-in-the-snow-tomorrow.html)

HI SOOB 30 December 2003 11:18 PM

Looks like 2003 is going to end on a white theme, going by the forecasts anyway.
So how many folk head for the back roads and pretend they are McRae? Or atleast till you loose it and rip the bumpers off that is!
Its always fun to see just how far you can make it before you get stuck and spend two hours diging yourself out of a snow drift.(usually happens to me when I'm coming home from work, what with me being a banjo player and all that)....that means someone from out in the sticks by the way.

Anyway, take care whatever you do. Dont want any RTA's to start the year off!
Have a good new year to all fellow Scottish Scooby Netters.

HI SOOB

pugoetru 30 December 2003 11:32 PM

I cant wait :D

no scoob though :(

sg72 30 December 2003 11:58 PM

Already been out Tonight.

And ...Nope Tooooo. scarey.

Car still bears the scares from a scrape with a wall from last year

Too big an investment for me.

Guess I'm just not good enough!:D

Carl Davey 31 December 2003 12:32 AM

Lol, racked up a few (low-speed) miles on the backroads around my house today. :D On a massive learning curve atm but it's an enjoyable one. Also finding the skid-training i did at the AECC earlier on in the year invaluble.

Glad to see you got back for NY Shaun. :)

Ciaran 31 December 2003 03:24 AM

well their is snow here now slippy fun!

RS Grant 31 December 2003 09:37 AM

Have to agree, I was out last night...

Found myself at a big, open, well lit, un-touched car park, and decided to have a play... Errr, I mean learn how the car handles in slippy conditions! :p

What I hadnt grasped in the 10-14 days taht I have had the car is that when the car starts to understeer, dont back off as I did in FWD, keep the power in and the tail will slide round... Bringing you round nicely!! :D

Wouldnt do it on the road though, far too many things that can go wrong, and not a big enough space for someone with my ability to re-gain control... :rolleyes: :)

Cheers,
Grant

SCOSaltire 31 December 2003 01:59 PM

behind the ugc was where i learnt good slide-catching skills ;)

best fun i had in the scoob in the snow...
except for the time i was in the massive car park next to the forth road bridge... did about a 200m tail-out slide and parked it!
that was ace!

on the road tho - understeered on two mini roundabouts... no room for my skills either

evojkp 31 December 2003 02:23 PM

We're still waiting for the white stuff to fall!! Hopefully have an interesting journey home tonight :D :D

...John

HI SOOB 31 December 2003 04:07 PM

Starting to snow just west of Perth now.

Spooks 31 December 2003 04:11 PM

Been out on the backroads already....woohoo.. ;) Its slippy alright.
Spooks

HI SOOB 31 December 2003 04:22 PM

What area you in Spooks? Roads are still black down my neck of the woods. Auchterarder, Blackford area.

Spooks 31 December 2003 04:30 PM

Sorry wasnt snow but ice and other slippy stuff I was sliding on in West Lothain /Falkirk area, but gettin a bit white in some area's here now.
Spooks

HI SOOB 31 December 2003 04:34 PM

I see.

evojkp 31 December 2003 04:56 PM

Hheeeeeerrrrreeee it commmmmmeeeesssssss!!!!!

evojkp 31 December 2003 04:57 PM

ooeerr missus!!

Ken Ross 01 January 2004 11:55 PM

Anyone else get stuck between Dundee and Forfar ?

Was on the way home from Manchester and it took 4 1/2 hours to go from Edinburgh to Aberdeen :(

stevoWRX 02 January 2004 01:11 AM

Gonna send some of that snow my way please !! :D :D

http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/c...withstupid.gif

[Edited by stevoWRX - 1/2/2004 1:12:09 AM]

HI SOOB 02 January 2004 08:51 PM

Ken, were you stuck on the dual carrigeway or the Glamis/ Couper Angus road? Used to work in Forfar area and winter driving on this road was always interesting to say the least.

Ciaran 02 January 2004 10:40 PM

well it's snowing here again!

Ken Ross 02 January 2004 11:04 PM

Was stuck on the Dual carrageway, there was an Artic that got stuck in the snow @ the forfar junction and it closed the road off.

Snow wasn't too bad, just the traffic was going no where.