ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Offshore Weather. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/285028-offshore-weather.html)

SG 27 December 2003 08:02 AM

Just worked crimbo offshore. Now we can not get home due to the bl**dy weather. Anybody else stuck in the middle of a heaving North Sea? Just have to think of the overtime.

Shaun

SG 27 December 2003 08:04 AM

Oops forgot to say. Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

All the best

Shaun

Carl Davey 27 December 2003 12:08 PM

Where are you Shaun? I'm due out on the 30th. :p :D

SG 27 December 2003 12:33 PM

Shearwater Platform, 130 Miles East of Aberdeen. Weather is dropping but due to get back up the morra. Good job I am in the nice cosy Control Room. Its horrible outside. 70 kt wind 7.5m Sea.

Shaun

fonzy 27 December 2003 01:37 PM

Am on forties bravo, due home on the 30th so I hope there's no back log.

WRX-STi 27 December 2003 01:56 PM

Same here, due off 30th. There will be a lifeboat going missing if there's a backlog :D

Just changed over today and the boys due off are stuck on, so dunno whats happnin yet, back to nights [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]. 50kt / 4m here.

Won't be leaving my big leather chair in the control room today!

v3 21ggy 27 December 2003 03:11 PM

DUE OUT ON 31 HOPE WEATHER IS ****..LOL

caz1562 27 December 2003 05:06 PM

Shaun,

We might speak sometimes cause I work in FPCC control room.

Zeolite 27 December 2003 06:06 PM

Just on shift. Due in on the 29th. Digging holes.

Civic Type R 27 December 2003 06:08 PM

I'm on call for the Shell floaters........been busy day on the dog n' bone :( ........Ocean Guardian & Sedco711 are taking a mild pounding

Life could be worse,at least i get plenty of.....

http://a820.g.akamai.net/f/820/822/1...positions7.jpg

whilst you guys are drinking warm Kaliber L.A beer and budget turkey........chin up chappies

http://www.decal-co.com/decalco/jpg-d1/kaliber-rlqs.jpg

Cal :D

p.s. very weird that a Scooby turned up when I did a Google search for as can o' caliber ?

[Edited by Civic Type R - 12/27/2003 6:09:31 PM]

Zeolite 27 December 2003 06:13 PM

Choppers got here but the guys were telling me that cos of shell's sea height policy half the flight got bumped while the other half (Encana)flew.

Shell! Don't ya love em?

Civic Type R 27 December 2003 07:08 PM

***Shell! Don't ya love em?*** only once a month :D

Stay safe out there boys - get yer chin straps on ;)

Zeolite 27 December 2003 07:17 PM

Shell....Since they started not giving us contracts cos of some Frogs offering them their ar**s in return for work, I don't love them anymore.

(I am speaking figuratively...honest :))

WUZ 28 December 2003 12:52 AM

Currently offshore of Holland and not getting home till the 5th of Jan :-(

Been pounded by 85 knot winds and today was not much better.

Still..............double bubble for the festive period can't be all that bad

Russell (money-grabbing, hole digging b*****d!)

Zeolite 28 December 2003 02:33 AM

It is bloody cold out there tonight which is why I am hiding in my little steel box.
Bit miffed cos we don't get paid any extra for working Xmas :(

evojkp 28 December 2003 03:28 AM

Those were the days. My last festive trip offshore was working Xmas and New Year 1999. Working at the bells due to the threat of the Y2K bug. What a hype that was.

Xmas Day lost Power Generation, working to get that back up most of the day and New Year was some of the worst weather ever offshore.

Sh!t, I miss those days....NOT!!!

Still a novelty going home after your shift and not sharing with some hairy ass'd bear. Oh' that would be me :D

...John

SG 28 December 2003 06:42 AM

Woo Hoo, weather has dropped and the sky is about to be black with helicopters. Get the beer in the fridge were are coming home.
caz1562 I am normally out on the plant and just moved into the Control Room. Planned to be in here all of next years trips so should end up chatting at some point. no doubt you lot moaning that we can not keep our Condy export flowrate steady hee hee.

shaun

H18JGM 28 December 2003 08:13 AM

And we're all moaning about being on a rig.... :rolleyes:

http://pages.123-reg.co.uk/h18jgm-59...es/rigwave.jpg

Poor b*ggers! :D

caz1562 28 December 2003 10:23 AM

Shaun,

Us, moan about your erratic export rate.....never ;) LOL

I've been off the pipeline control room for a year now, too busy running the gas plant boards but I do take my spell every now & then. Sure to speak sometime I'm sure. Take care.

Civic Type R 28 December 2003 12:16 PM

Talking of dodgy weather, I once spent 6 weeks in Taiwan in the typhoon season.....best trtip I ever did. Spent 5 days offshore and the rest of the time onshore :D. All we did was tour the country, ogle local women, get "erufong", go fishing,& surf the net at the mammasuns internet cafe ;) Oh and did a lot of karaoke !

-----------------

Interestingly, I have access to the Brents & Shearwater real time met ocean data from home...........you offshore workers must have nipples like locking wheen nuts ! Me thinks that the smoko shack will have been harbouring many a frozen zero hood :)

------------------

The only thing i liked about going offshore was the banter and the sausage rolls....internet access really got on my bristols.

-------------------

Icy blast from the north expected on Tue/Wed - I'd get those long johns on the radiators now if I were you .......Swell will be knocked down by winds from the south shortly afterwards - phew

Cheers

Cal a.k.a Michael Fish :D

Zeolite 28 December 2003 06:04 PM

Just on shift for my last one :) Weather looks good for tomorrow offshore but what is going on onshore. I heard there is snow about and i am supposed to be heading up to Skye on tuesday.

Jools 28 December 2003 06:38 PM

SG,
Hope you get home bud. Offshore Denmark as per norm and here till the 7th Jan. Came out on the 17th Dec, so not having fun I can tell you! Boys will be back at school and the first thing I will do is the last thing I did before I left home.......take the bloody xmas tree down ;)

Jools

JMC 2000 29 December 2003 11:54 AM

Sitting on the East Brae just nooooooooo.
Delayed because of snow.
Typical, happy new year

RB5-Black 29 December 2003 01:07 PM

just landed on the Brent Delta for a 12 day trip over Newyear :( bag of W@nk