ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   defi 3 gauge pod, this saturday (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/284820-defi-3-gauge-pod-this-saturday.html)

WRX_Rich 25 December 2003 11:17 PM

Where can I get a defi 3 gauge pod (bugeye) this saturday or sooner, closer to Worcester the better

would normally go to scoobymania but they are all out

scoobyfella 26 December 2003 01:13 PM

Hi Rich,

Try Jamie at JW Racing that's where i have ordered minr from.

James.

WRX_Rich 26 December 2003 03:01 PM

Cheers, Its a bit far to tavel I might have to phone him up and order one

WRX_Rich 26 December 2003 06:00 PM

any one know if Roger Clarks or Graham Goode sell them, I ve got a sunday to my self and want to get them fitted :(

scoobyfella 26 December 2003 06:48 PM

Rich,

Are you fitting them yourself mate? Mine will be arriving soon and i would love to fit them myself but not sure if i can. I have provisinally booked into T.S.L to be done but i can't really afford £210, which is what they want to fit them:eek:

James.

WRX_Rich 26 December 2003 11:24 PM

TSL are one of the best around ( if not the best) but If I wasn't fitting them I would use scooby mania down the road have a look at madgrips post for their prices as they do so many of them they will know what they are doing and are cheaper ;)

- worst case the gauges dont work so you take it back, not like the car goes bang as with a re map etc

I am gonna give it a go and if it all goes pair shaped at least I know I tried, you proably will see all my posts asking silly questions when I start :D

Scoty 27 December 2003 07:07 PM

Defi's are probably the easiest gauges on the market to fit.
You only need a bit of confidence and a spare afternoon to fit them.

If anyone want to come to me I will fit them for you for £100!!!!

Seriously though, James save yourself £210 ffs, gimme a shout when you've got them and I'll do all I can to help you fit them :)

DaveBlueRA 27 December 2003 07:38 PM

I have provisinally booked into T.S.L to be done but i can't really afford £210, which is what they want to fit them
Er that will be a provisional price to fit them too. I have found that out a few times

scoobyfella 27 December 2003 11:41 PM

Hi Dave,

Can you elaborate on that a bit more, i'm having a few things done at the same time, and deffo can't afford it if it stretches over what iv'e been quoted, what happened with you then mate?

James.

DaveBlueRA 28 December 2003 12:33 AM

Had some gauges and a turbo timer fitted. They gave me a price and how long it would take, yet it took them 3 hours longer and they charged me for it. i was there 7 hours to fit 3 gauges and a turbo timer. When they say it will cost this much and take this long that is not a definate price, if i takes longer than they said they will charge you for it.

As you can tell i have found somewhere else where i take me car now and IMHO i think they know more about scoobys than TSL

[Edited by DaveBlueRA - 12/28/2003 12:36:11 AM]

[Edited by DaveBlueRA - 12/28/2003 12:37:29 AM]

Mike Tuckwood 28 December 2003 12:49 AM

We charge 3 hours (@ £30.00 per hour) to fit gauges as above. If we run over it still costs the same!

Mike.
Scooby Mania

WRX_Rich 28 December 2003 01:01 AM

Scoobyfella - Rang JW racing today and they don't do the Defi pod only copies, I ve been told to stay well clear of the copies as at night the gauges reflect on to the windscreen

I couldn't get hold of the pod, Roger Clarkes had one left put it had a big sold sticker on :( but thanks to the guys who tried

JIperformance had to order them in and I couldn't get through to nitosport

Graham goode will be getting some in January

they all seem to charge £130 ish

scoobyfella 29 December 2003 11:08 PM

Thanks for everyones help and advise, i will be chuffed when i get these little babies fitted;)

Rich, i'm a little worried about this pod now mate, how would it reflect on the windscreen? would that be the reason the genuine pod overhangs the gauges? and are they very bright as well?

James.

WRX_Rich 29 December 2003 11:41 PM

im in the same boat as you mate, I just read what people say, but more than any thing I like the look of the defi pod but I know some people say the oposite

hope it goes well :)

scoobyfella 30 December 2003 02:26 PM

Hi Rich,

Just to let you know my JW RACING replica defi pod came today and it is superb quality, and i don't think there will be an issue with it reflecting on the windscreen as they have quite a large overhang just like the genuine defi pods.

James.

lordharding 30 December 2003 08:29 PM

yeah my JW pod came and quality is the tops and good service too from Jamie