ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   I had to have my Boxer put to sleep this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/283261-i-had-to-have-my-boxer-put-to-sleep-this-morning.html)

Scoob99 19 December 2003 03:43 PM

My beautiful Boxer dog Holly had to be put to sleep this morning, she hadn't been to well lately, it turns out the most likely cause was a brain tumour, she was 11 years old we have had her since she was 10 weeks old, I feel so lost without her:(:(:(

Goochie 19 December 2003 03:45 PM

I feel really sorry for you, I know boxers can make lovely pets/freinds.

At least you can take comfort in knowing you've given her many happy years.

Johnny50 19 December 2003 03:51 PM

:(
Sorry to hear that.
Must be tough, cant imagine our house without the dog.

Comforting thing is, at least it didn't drag on for her though, and she didn't suffer too much.

Diablo 19 December 2003 03:55 PM

Very sorry to hear that.

Its a loss that many cannot properly understand :(

Muffleman 19 December 2003 04:02 PM

Very sorry to hear mate, and Diablo is right - not everyone understands.

What helped me get over it before was to get a puppy, not straight away, and the lost dog can never be replaced, but it has helped me before.

I feel for you mate.

All the best

Matt

TBMeech 19 December 2003 04:15 PM

Feel very VERY sorry for you, not good :(

We had our Springer Put to sleep 4 years ago, house felt empty etc, was horrible so know how you feel.

Took about 2 months and we went out and got another Springer pup, who is absolutely bonkers :)

ScoobyJawa 19 December 2003 04:17 PM

Really sorry to hear that, it does leave a very empty void :( Our 1st Border Collie was put down about 5 years ago now and I was devastated, left a huge gap as I'd grown up with her. A year later we got our second Border Collie pup Cerys, now 4 and she's lovely.

Chin up :D

Scoobychick 19 December 2003 04:21 PM

I'm very sorry to hear that Colin :(

I had to have my eldest Staffy put down in April after he suffered a brain haemorrhage so I know how you're feeling right now.

Sal

Bravo2zero_sps 19 December 2003 04:30 PM

Very sorry to hear that, been 5 years since my Black Labrador, Oscar, was put down at the ripe old age of 13 and I still miss him dearly now as I had grown up with him and been through some very difficult teenage years.

The void left is horrendous. Hope you have some nice piccies of her and get a couple of your favourites framed. Also had Oscar cremated and put his ashes in the garden with a plaque which even now I still look at occasionally when round my parents place.

Just makes it feel as though he hasn't been forgotten as just some pet but remembered as he should be, a member of the family.

chinnybloke 19 December 2003 04:49 PM

I am very sorry to hear this. I've had to have two bullmastiffs put to sleep because of cancer. It is absolutely gutting but remember you made a very difficult choice to ensure there was no suffering so it is the only thing to do.

Everyone is different but getting another dog helped me loads, ....and then I got another one too. Now I've got two of the big stinky gits and I even sold my M5 for them so I could buy an Xtrail so they had plenty of room in the back!

MooseRacer 19 December 2003 05:46 PM

Like everyone else who gets the whole 'dog thing' I am very, very sorry to hear this.

It's one of the hardest times to get through - I know. :(

V45DSM 19 December 2003 06:01 PM

Without trying to sound cold, but, if it's the worst thing that has happened to you this year, then you've not done so bad.

Scoob99 19 December 2003 06:28 PM

Thanks Guys, V45 over the last 6 years I was nearly killed by a drunk, had a brain tumour myself, so losing my dog was like a smash in the teeth
Colin

willy 19 December 2003 06:41 PM

I know what its like, I grew up with my Springer, when he was put down at the age of 13 it was like losing a member of my family.
I had him cremated and scattered him where his favourite walk used to be, in the hills.

very sad.I know how you feel.
Are you going to get another one?

Willy

ozzyinnit 19 December 2003 06:49 PM

My feelings are with you,
Don't know you M8 but as a boxer owner myself i can't imagine how you feel,
Although i'm sure she will be happy knowing you did'nt let her suffer!!!

Chris L 19 December 2003 07:13 PM

Damn shame Scoob99. As Sal said, when we had her old staffie put down it was upsetting - he was part of the family. The thing to remember is that she is no longer suffering. There is nothing worse than an animal in pain. You've done the right thing.

Chris

[Edited by Chris L - 12/19/2003 7:14:28 PM]

DavidBrown 19 December 2003 07:39 PM

:(

Scoob99 19 December 2003 07:46 PM

Thanks for your kind words guys, it's gonna take me a long time to get over this:(

Ian_S 19 December 2003 07:48 PM

absolutely gutted for you. :(

Gingerdoughnuts 19 December 2003 07:53 PM

:( i am so sorry about your boxer, my heart goes out to you.
keep your chin up.
best wishes pam.

pslewis 19 December 2003 08:04 PM

Oh, sh1t M8

Some people say its only a dog, I say different!

Only those who have lost a dog, my old Alsation was put down at 14! know what it takes out of you!

I have never forgotten her, I have a new Alsation of about 4 now and shes great - but different.

I am really gutted for you!

Pete

Scoob99 19 December 2003 08:56 PM

Thanks for that Pete!!!!!!

Big_Dog666 19 December 2003 09:17 PM

Sorry to here that mate. Having grown up with dogs all my life i know what its like to lose a friend.

Took my dog(Trev)to the vets the other day as he had been ill and she was concerned about the possibility it could be Parvo. Luckily it seems only to have been a severe gastric infection and he's almost his old self again. Was devastated at the time and made me realise just how attached to him I am. He's a pain in the a*se but I wouldn't want him any other way!!

jase555 19 December 2003 11:01 PM

hi m8

really sorry to hear your news, had an old english called "bruce" , same thing , happened over 10yrs ago still get a lump in my throat

"always loved" "always remembered"

jase

Redkop 19 December 2003 11:26 PM

You have my full sympathy Scoob99 - I know how gutted and empty you must be feeling - 2½ years ago I had to have 3 dogs put to sleep within 3 weeks of one another. Took me ages to finally get another dog:(

v5 man 19 December 2003 11:34 PM

my deepest sympathy goes out to you mate:(
we have a 11 month old little sausage dog/jack russell cross, and had him for 6 months. he is our little boy, and i`d defend him with my life if need be. cant imagine how i`d feel in your situation.

best wishes, cliff

Little Miss WRX 20 December 2003 12:10 AM

Sorry to hear this Colin, we lost our Cocker Spaniel 2 years ago now. She suddenly became very ill, on the day we took her to the vet she seemed to know what was going to happen as she went very sullen, refusing to get in the car and cowering at the vets. Normally she was all happy go lucky and loved visiting the vets.
My brother was with her when she received the injection, she just closed her eyes and passed away.

Before I left the UK I used to walk into my parents' house and wait for her to come running up jumping up to see me, took a while to get used to her not being there.

Take care,

Chelle.

thecirsch 20 December 2003 01:57 AM

Echo all the above.

I had a Boxer, lost him nearly 7 years ago. Still miss him.

Are you going to replace her??

Ed

homer lawtey 20 December 2003 02:04 AM

Really sorry to hear of your loss,

Dogs are one of the familly, and I spent many nights crying myself to sleep when we lost our first dog.

One of the things we did when we lost our first dog, was take a good quality photo to an artist, and have a top quality portrait done of her. It takes pride of place in the front room, always reminding us of a lost friend.

Scoob99 20 December 2003 03:26 AM

Thanks guys, for your kind words, it's now nearly 3.30 am and I cannot sleep I'm still seeing her in my head, so I have got up and made a cup of tea., not sure if I will replace her, I have said no but knowing me i will
Colin

[Edited by Scoob99 - 12/20/2003 3:32:32 AM]