ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Is Man Utd the Greatest Club Ever (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/282842-is-man-utd-the-greatest-club-ever.html)

jasey 18 December 2003 12:10 PM

I say Yes ;)

LeighJ 18 December 2003 01:06 PM

I say no.

Marky-San 18 December 2003 02:07 PM

No - Real Madrid.

P1Fanatic 18 December 2003 08:40 PM

Better than Arsenal which says it all really :D

Simon.

FASTER MIKE!! 18 December 2003 08:41 PM

no
newcastle united are:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

THE MUTTS NUTS 19 December 2003 08:27 PM

i say they are ;)
at bullying the ref...................;);)

jbryant 19 December 2003 09:22 PM

Be real. Real Madrid that is.

Joolz
(Liverpool fan, but know reality when I see it, and ManUre greatest club ever. MwuHaHaaaa)

jasey 20 December 2003 09:44 AM

Simon - looks like we're both talking $hite again ;):D

Funkii Munkii 20 December 2003 02:59 PM

Jasey

I will no longer label you a clueless gooner LOL :D:D

Daz34 21 December 2003 05:48 PM

Barcelona & Real Madrid have far greater heritages than Manure.
After all, Barcelona (and until recently Real Madrid) refuse to have any shirt sponsors as the only thing they see fit to be emblazoned on there shirts is their club crest. They lose millons in sponsorship on that compared to the way utd prostitute themselves to earn a dollar.

Darren

16vmarc 21 December 2003 05:58 PM

Theyre definatly up there as one of the best. Theyve had brilliant players over the years and when theyve sold them they never seem to suffer the loss. They always work as a team as a football team should.

paul w 21 December 2003 06:03 PM

Greatest club ever,not when p neville is in the line up,i would not pick him for my local sunday league hackers,utter,utter,utter, ****e,what does that guy ever do eh.

STi wanna Subaru 21 December 2003 09:18 PM

Daz, United make money. Barca and Real don't! Barca are heavily in debt and Real only have the cash they do because they are bankrolled by their government!

Daz34 21 December 2003 11:46 PM

Daz, United make money. Barca and Real don't! Barca are heavily in debt and Real only have the cash they do because they are bankrolled by their government!
Exactly ;)

Football to them is more important than making money & that is why they are the greater clubs :p

P1Fanatic 22 December 2003 01:21 AM

Daz34, so if Real and Barca didnt have their european cup heritage, you would still put them at the top because they "want to play football and not make money". I bet they still make a fair bit from replica kit sales which is a form of sponsorship from nike/reebok/adidas/umbro/kappa etc.

Simon.

Daz34 22 December 2003 01:35 AM

so if Real and Barca didnt have their european cup heritage, you would still put them at the top
Of course not :p
That matters bigtime, just like their history.

jasey 23 December 2003 08:42 AM

Liverpool fan, but know reality when I see it
You need help mate ;):D

crowt123 23 December 2003 02:30 PM

scum have no euro credit...apart from 68, the only time they have won the biggy is by coming second the year before in their domestic league....when they have done it properly like liverpool/villa/forest maybe people could listen...greatest team ever....avin a laarf!

P1Fanatic 23 December 2003 07:10 PM

Reference to the scum and quoting liverpool first - crowt123 has to be another bitter pool fan. When did Liverpool win a Champions League title??? The last time u won the european cup was what '84?

Getting a bit nervous now that we are closing in your saving grace of 18 league titles??? Oh how I will laugh when that record goes out the window.

Simon.

Simon Lau 27 December 2003 02:59 PM

jasey...ditto

he does need help!

rallycol 09 January 2004 12:25 AM

No

Scooby_Dean 09 January 2004 11:59 AM

Yeah they are a great club but not the greatest, you are all looking at current form. If you really want to know who the greatest club is take a look at the Liverpool trophy room. Slipping a bit over the last few years but 18 league trophies 4 European Cups 3 UEFA Cups, 7 League cups and 6 FA Cups says it all really. Not to mention the Charity shield 14 times… the list goes on!

alanjack 18 January 2004 12:48 AM

Birmingham: It's not sh1t
It is:D

The fact that Real Madrid have won the European Cup more times than anyone else must make them the greatest team ever without question.

Daz34 18 January 2004 10:37 AM

Come on then Alan, own up and tell us where you live ;)

You know, Bham has got more shopping trolley filled canals than venice :p

Darren

Ted Maul 21 January 2004 01:43 PM

http://arseweb.com/99-00/century.html

The gooners are the best english team of the last century...

jasey 21 January 2004 02:29 PM

And they're the best on current form (well they are today :D)

RichWalk 21 January 2004 02:32 PM

No as previous Real Madrid- reinvented how to play the game IMHO.

Gav 21 January 2004 03:16 PM

not when p neville is in the line up,i would not pick him for my local sunday league hackers,utter,utter,utter, ****e,what does that guy ever do eh.
He makes crucial tackles which is what he's there for. just because he doesn't faf around trying to be fancy he gets slated[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

he would be one of the first players on my team sheet every week.

in ref to the question, Real Madrid are the greatest. although i hate to admit it being a Mank, Liverpool have to be up there too.

Man Utd are one of the best Current teams in the world, but Real Madrid are still superior.

gav..:)