ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Body Shock: Wild Children (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/281975-body-shock-wild-children.html)

ajm 15 December 2003 10:12 PM

Anyone just see this? Horrific but at the same time very interesting stuff! Until now my idea of a feral child was the one you aways get running around the supermarket screaming, but this puts it into a whole new light!

unclebuck 15 December 2003 10:15 PM

I know. Dog girls.... very disturbing :eek:

UB

Marky-San 15 December 2003 10:16 PM

Felt really sorry the wee girl locked away for 13 years, then let down again by her government. Sad, really sad.

boxst 15 December 2003 10:21 PM

Hello

How on earth someone can treat another human being (let alone their own child) in that way amazes me.

I am not the greatest lover of children, but the pre-meditated tie the child down during the night, get her up, tie her to a chair in the dark during the day just makes me want to kill. Totally shocked.

Steve.

yoza 15 December 2003 10:22 PM

Sad.

Re-the guy who went to evalluate the lad who was left to fend for himself with a pack of dogs.

The poor lad was having problems with speach and communicating with others, so how confused must he have been when the guy spoke English, and he was (I think French). OK he had an interpretor but FFS.

Nice to see the guy who kept his daughter locked up in a room for years on end, shot himself!

unclebuck 15 December 2003 10:27 PM

I thought the bit where they went to his village to revisit the places where he had grown up were amazing. Within minutes the Mayor and Chief of Police turned up to deny all, and stop the filming. Then as they left the village a woman stops the crew and garbles out the truth.:eek:

It was straight out of one of those old Transilvanian horror movies.

UB:eek:

ajm 15 December 2003 10:32 PM

What was astounding to me was the physical effect on the brain due to lack of social communication stimuli. The brain was literally emaciated rendering them permanently incabable of correctly grasping language structure!

Poor Guy 15 December 2003 10:35 PM

is it repeated?

unclebuck 15 December 2003 10:36 PM

What was astounding to me was the physical effect on the brain due to lack of social communication stimuli. The brain was literally emaciated rendering them permanently incabable of correctly grasping language structure!

LOL:D Yep, a bit like Pop Idol watchers...:D:D:D

UB:)

[Edited by unclebuck - 12/15/2003 10:37:47 PM]

wakeboardar 15 December 2003 10:37 PM

nice ass on the dog girl

ajm 15 December 2003 10:38 PM

Yep, a bit like Pop Idol watchers...
or regulars in Muppet Show! ;)

Raised by a pack of muppets!

[Edited by ajm - 12/15/2003 10:39:13 PM]

Scoob99 16 December 2003 08:22 AM

LOL@ Uncle Buck:D

TelBoy 16 December 2003 08:31 AM

If only it were true, eh...?? ;)

On the programme itself, i was astonished that a human can reach a certain age, after which it becomes impossible to "learn" grammar.
Are the people on SN (and elsewhere) who don't care about English grammar, those who were deprived of sufficient mental stimulation as children? Now there's a thought....