ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   APS exhaust (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/281141-aps-exhaust.html)

STi Paul 12 December 2003 10:52 PM

Does any one have any experience with these?
How loud?
Any good?
They seem quite expensive, so should be good!!!!

Any comments

Paul

JIM THEO 13 December 2003 09:47 AM

I can tell you for sure that isn't loud (probably the only noise legal exhaust even the decat version), is top quality better from most after market products but can't help you about power gains have a look at www.airpowersystems.com.au.
JIM

The Fixer 13 December 2003 05:37 PM

Paul I have the 3" version, good quality, noise is OK, I drive to London from Yorkshire every week and noise is not too intrusive on cruise (unlike the 3.5"). Expensive?? Oh yes, Would I get one again? probably not, there are good 3" full systems on the market for nearly half the APS price and they all make roughly the same power. Try Revolution, Scoobymania etc etc

Noise... Definitely not road legal!

Conrad

[Edited by RSVR Racer - 12/15/2003 5:57:19 PM]

bodystyling 14 December 2003 11:50 AM

I agree with the last comment by rvr it is expensive but I think the exhault is quality and sounds the nuts. Im going for the 3.5" APS when they finnally arrive. Tony

hades 14 December 2003 01:37 PM

I've got the version with their 2.5" backbox, and the sports cat. Seems to make equivalent power to everyone else with similar mods and a full de-cat. Noise levels with that backbox are much quieter than most when you're going gently. Measured dBs behind the car on by bugeye (full exhaust) were about the same as on an STi7 with centre decat and prodrive WRsport backbox. Admittedly, I believe it is noisier than the prodrive when giving it some stick, but that has to be a good thing. ;) Personally, I think it sounds nicer than most exhausts too, you get lots of burble without the boom. Quite a few people who own decats have said that that mine sounds nice.

With the sports cat, still decent flow, obvious quality etc, yes I think I would buy one again, even allowing for the higher price. Admittedly, if you wanted 400bhp+, you probably wouldn't want the cat or the smaller (quieter) backbox. I'm sure their 3.5" system will be loud but very unrestrictive.

The Fixer 15 December 2003 05:59 PM

I went out in there demo STi 7 with the 3.5" system on. Holy SH** I certainly couldn't live with that nosie 215 miles each way to London but then again I'm getting old ;)

Conrad

JamesS 16 December 2003 07:49 AM

Nice cast iron `elbow` for the turbo outlet on the APS system...........

The Fixer 16 December 2003 09:51 AM

Nice casting but bloody heavey! Must weigh about 5 kgs :( Cars like Harveys have got better results on standard SS type downpipes ;)

Conrad

Paul, if you want one i sell you mine! Email me if your interested.

[Edited by RSVR Racer - 12/16/2003 9:52:42 AM]