ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   ScoobyECU (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/279919-scoobyecu.html)

Trem 09 December 2003 11:50 AM

Is this still available? This one - http://shop.scoobynet.co.uk/Product.asp?ProductID=963

I have emailed the place and I got an automated response which was blank. I have also E-mailed Pavlo and the other guy whos name I can't remember Dave summat. I desperately need to order one so if it ain't available maybe it shouldn't be on the site, or maybe I'm just impatient :-]

Cheers.

Pavlo 09 December 2003 12:25 PM

an automated blank response?

Are you sure?

paul

Pavlo 09 December 2003 12:29 PM

I haven't received an email from you, but I will mail you.

Paul

Trem 09 December 2003 01:05 PM

Yes mate, it was from cdtech I believe, it just says automated response yet its blank. I appreciate it, thanks alot Pavlo. I used the email addy in your profile, dunno whether its good or not.

Trem 09 December 2003 01:17 PM

Replied to your mail but it got returned straight away saying it was unable to send it. Heres the mail I sent - I have a 1994 Jap STi, decat downpipe and HKS mushroom filter. I recently got a boost gauge fitted and when it boosts in fifth sometimes it goes over the 15(psi I guess)on the gauge and jerks like a bast. I'm hoping the ECU will remedy this but either way I want one so I can run on just Optimax rather than that and octane booster. Do you have a direct email for David Wallis?. How do I stand now on receiving one off you seeing as you are all out of them?

Cheers, John.

P.s I didn't mean to sound ****ty about this on the forums, if it came across that way :-D

Trem 09 December 2003 01:46 PM

I'm getting your mail returned whatever mail client I use Pavlo, I've tried my NTL and Hotmail accounts and both got returned, I received your email fine though. Do you have an alternative email address?

Trem 10 December 2003 08:51 AM

Ok I have had a reply off Dave Wallis, it says "speak to Paul". Should I ring you after Xmas Paul?

David_Wallis 10 December 2003 09:00 AM

Im just fed up of people chasing me.. I have more important things on my mind.

Once this is over.. (probably next two weeks) then Ill be more helpfull..

David

Dark Blue Mark 10 December 2003 09:44 AM

You need to start mapping 97/98 cars too David ;)

Seriously though, any plans?

MB

Pavlo 10 December 2003 10:08 AM

I plan to have a break at christmas...

Trem 10 December 2003 10:13 AM

I'm not chasing anyone David, I'm a customer and the product is advertised on this site. I will mail you after Xmas, unless either of you can point me in the direction of anyone that has them(Scott Taylor?).

NACRO 10 December 2003 10:19 AM

Can't imagine there is much profit in the scoobyECU- I think these guys do it more as a hobby than anything. I can understand why they might feel it's all a bit too much hassle.
Just wait your turn and be nice and I'm sure you'll get one eventually-I couldn't wait so bought mine secondhand- £50 bargain of a lifetime IMHO.

Trem 10 December 2003 10:26 AM

Yes that was a bargain/lucky. I am being nice but you are being patronising.

I just wanted to know the situation and now I do, so It's sorted.

Trem 10 December 2003 10:40 AM

For the record Paul(Pavlo) has been really helpful and the majority of the problems here has been due to my email being toss. I want and will buy a ScoobyECU off either David or Paul when they are ready. If I seemed shi*ty that was never my intention and I apologise for that.

mr smash 11 December 2003 12:27 AM

ooo oooo pavlo dont forget me m8 , i know your time is full at the mo [xmas and all] but can u put me at the top of the list.[u hav emy email adress.]

Pavlo 11 December 2003 12:49 AM

nobody will be forgotten.

toplad! 12 December 2003 11:16 PM

Have you tried scoobyclinic in derbyshire trem, thats where I got mine.

Trem 12 December 2003 11:22 PM

Do you have a contact phone number for them please, just in case Pavlo has any trouble sorting me. Thanks in advance.

Trem 12 December 2003 11:26 PM

Is this them -

Farmers Subaru
Smith Rd
Matlock Derbyshire
DE4 3JL

Tel: 01629 582960

babber 13 December 2003 11:39 AM

I got no reply from the email I sent to the website email address. Mate has a UK MY97 and I wondered if it was available for these cars, and how much ?

Thanks Phill

PS I have read threads with people giving them loads of ****, so would understand if they are pissed off with us scoobynetters :rolleyes:

Trem 13 December 2003 03:14 PM

Pavlo is a top guy in my eyes, I guess we all get stressed this time of year.........I HATE SHOPPING/OLD LADIES SMELLING OF WEE!!!

David_Wallis 13 December 2003 09:25 PM

ScoobyClinic dont sell the same thing as far as I am aware.

I paid for the tooling of the board.. so I dont see how they are.. and www.scoobyecu.co.uk belongs to me? :confused:

David

Pavlo 13 December 2003 09:27 PM

I am not pissed off to any great degree, no more than usual!

But I am wondering why people are getting bounced emails or blank replies, as I have answered EVERY email to the sales@cdtech.co.uk account.

Current status is there are no more boards left as of today as someone is sending in their ECU and getting the last one before new boards are manufactured in the new year.

Also, there is nothing currently available for 97-98 cars, although this MAY change in future, there is nothing specific planned.

proper crimbo

Paul

David_Wallis 13 December 2003 09:45 PM

I have a problem with automated responses at the moment..

my new site will be up soon.

David

mr smash 13 December 2003 11:43 PM

roll on new year.....something 2 look forward 2 i suoppose.

halowrx 14 December 2003 11:06 AM

Pavlo,

Sent a few emails to that address (sales@) RE our conversation (I was the one asking questions as I had a FSE Boost valve).

All of a sudden stopped getting replies so wonder if there was/is an issue somewhere ?

Can you add me to the list for new yr as I have lined up a garage to bin the FSE valve when they do the rocker cover. Was going to whip the ecu out today but will obviously hang fire.:D

Cheers

clarky1982 14 December 2003 10:17 PM

got my scooby ecu yesterday from pavlo. very impressed. smooth idle (better than before, had lumpy idle before) smooth more torquey power and no loss in mpg i think. one prob is bruises on my left arm from the missus keep punchin me for bootin it. i loooooove it. changed my car, well recommended

babber 14 December 2003 10:26 PM

Nothing for a MY 97 :( That's a dissappointment!

Phill

Pavlo 15 December 2003 12:02 AM

there are solutions for 97-98, but more costly.

I did look at getting adaptor boards from Japan, but they want £250 just for the board, and that's before sorting a map to put in the board.

The 97-98 has an external memory interface, but its more complicated, and I (or noone else it seems) has the time to develop a solution. If one could at least get a pinout for the external memory connectors, it would be relatively simple, so far people have tried but just guessed.

Cheap, plug in ECU is available, but requires mapping, which adds to the cost.

Paul