ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Bugs / Feature Requests Archive (https://www.scoobynet.com/bugs-feature-requests-archive-429/)
-   -   Photography Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/bugs-feature-requests-archive-429/278416-photography-forum.html)

Mice_Elf 04 December 2003 02:58 PM

There seem to be enough threads to warrant its own section. Especially if they are running competitons on the best photo in various categories. Would be good to have all of the information in one place.

GarethE 04 December 2003 07:45 PM

I'd agree with that....especially as the photo comp is up and running...if the interest going to keep growing the thread needs to found easily...it will soon drop right down the thread list on NSR.

A lot of the request for advice on camera purchase for example are often repeated so knowing where to look for info would be an advantage.

The only problem I can foresee is a crossover with Members Gallery. If a photography forum was set up, it would have to moderated to ensure that it is for general photography exhibition/related, and not another place to place pics of "my new blitz exhaust".

Just my observation

Simon - sorry, just read the "Important-please read before posting" that was clever of me :rolleyes:, hope the bugs are storted :D, still think Photo Forum would be a big help however......

[Edited by GarethE - 12/4/2003 7:51:29 PM]

Avi 04 December 2003 07:48 PM

I read a lot of photography stuff, VWVortex have one :

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=82

We need one too :D

AndyC_772 06 December 2003 02:18 PM

Agreed - good idea. I'd be more than happy to moderate it :)

A.

IWatkins 07 December 2003 07:12 PM

Sounds alright to me.

Cheers

Ian

darlodge 07 December 2003 10:22 PM

Another vote :D

Darren

Sbradley 07 December 2003 11:01 PM

Great idea, and I'd be happy to share in the moderating as well.

If that's OK, Andy? ;)

S(imon)B

Mr.Cookie 08 December 2003 02:51 AM

another vote here :D

judgejules 08 December 2003 04:12 AM

another vote :)

Moderation sounds like a good idea, as well as the choice of "Forum Subject" on the home page, something to promote photography discussion rather than just a "look at my new xx yy"

~Jules

BOB.T 08 December 2003 10:12 AM

I'd like a proper photography forum, I also agree it should be about photography and not my new.......

:)

[Edited by BOB.T - 12/8/2003 3:21:56 PM]

alistair 08 December 2003 07:16 PM

Definately !

springbok 10 December 2003 03:48 PM

Would be nice to have a dedicated section, pretty please simon:D

darlodge 11 December 2003 05:51 PM

I'll happily moderate if it will help :)

Darren

Jen 12 December 2003 12:31 PM

Excellent idea :)

Then I can learn lots and bore people to death with endless questions ;) :D

darlodge 24 December 2003 05:23 PM

Did we ever get anywere?

Darren

ramdor 25 December 2003 07:31 PM

My vote for one too... seems to be more and more photo related questions/stuff coming up in NSR these days.

Richie.

darlodge 30 December 2003 10:11 PM

Mods is this possible? I personally today have typed responses to 3 different camera/photography related threads. Others have also replied to these threads.

With our photography competition going full steam ahead and a growing number a keen snappers seeping from the wood work is it possible that we can start have with our 'own' forum? :)

Darren

[Edited by darlodge - 12/30/2003 10:13:24 PM]

AndyC_772 31 December 2003 09:10 PM

Darren has a good point there - with all the questions and answers that have been posted over the last few months, there's a pretty comprehensive guide building up on how to choose a camera and how to use it to photograph all kinds of different subjects. Trouble is, it's all so scattered throughout the other threads on NSR that it's impossible to search :(

darlodge 01 January 2004 01:56 PM

Andy,

I've just e-mailed the webmaster requesting he take a look at the thread. According to this thread the stats have to be monitored to work out if this is possible.

Darren

AndyC_772 02 January 2004 02:48 PM

Fingers crossed for a quick response, then. Without wishing to be rude, here is a good example of the sort of question that's starting to come up time and again, and I'm getting a bit tired of typing the same answers over and over.

Maybe if I get bored over the weekend, I'll start putting together a Scoobynet Photography FAQ that I can at least post once and then refer to - but it would be nice to have a dedicated forum all the same. (Simon/Shaun: I'll do the FAQ if you create the forum - deal? :) )

Recaro 02 January 2004 06:00 PM

another vote here. especially as I have just asked a question regarding photography.

I end up using this one but it would be nice to use a forum thats actually based in england and not full of yanks.

IWatkins 04 January 2004 12:01 AM

Oh, just found this.

Another vote here.

Shaun/Simon, it would be handy :D

Cheers

Ian

AndyC_772 15 January 2004 10:42 AM

Hm... seems like this might have died a death, then. Any news please Shaun/Simon?

It's not so much a case of having lots of photo-related traffic clogging up NSR, rather that it would be nice to keep it all together as a reference. There's a lot of common questions and detailed answers in the NSR archive, but it's difficult to find and so the same questions do tend to come up over and over. (If one more person asks me whether they should get the 3 or 4 megapixel version of a particular model then I'll scream!).

How much traffic warrants a new forum?

darlodge 20 January 2004 11:52 PM

I've just e-mail the webbie again, lets see how we get on:rolleyes:

Darren

scoobypreza 31 January 2004 06:49 AM

i've just found this thread and would like to add a vote.
Now would be a great time to do it would be a great resource for scoobynet 3 maybe???

darlodge 31 January 2004 11:21 AM

I did get a responce from Shaun but I'm not sure how much I am allowed to say.

Below is an extract from the e-mail

We are looking at the possibility of changing forum structure as a whole in the near future

Not really sure what this means but he does also say Please keep your eye on the forums! :-) :D

[Edited by darlodge - 1/31/2004 11:22:47 AM]

AndyC_772 02 February 2004 10:12 PM

Well, we've got the new software, which is definitely progress - but no photo forum :(

No chance of an official comment then please, Simon???

Wizzbang 03 February 2004 12:34 AM

This would be a big asset for the photo-graphically challenged (ie ME :D)

I think the new forum owes it to itself to include this

WizzBang

MrShades 03 February 2004 09:20 AM

Yup - great idea.......

Another vote for a "Photo Phorum....."

Shades

*Sonic* 22 February 2004 12:01 AM

UP again

for the attention of the owners :)