ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Good news - call centres go to India (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/278365-good-news-call-centres-go-to-india.html)

gtr_man 04 December 2003 01:00 PM

I’m very happy that more and more companies are deciding to shift their call centres over to India.

1) The cost savings can be passed onto the customer.

2) By cutting costs these companies will be more competitive and produce greater profits, thus their stock prices will rise, thus I’ll get more return on my investments. The market loves cost cutting.

3) Better customer service. The morons employed by the UK based call centres are completely useless, they are uneducated monkeys; they don’t give a damn about their jobs and are unprofessional. Replacing them with highly motivated, highly educated graduates will improve customer service.

4) The argument about language barriers is unfounded. Most people can’t understand what those northern monkeys currently working in UK call centres are saying anyway.

Roll on the call centre exodus!

mattstant 04 December 2003 01:02 PM

youre being sarcastic right?? :rolleyes:

ianmiller999 04 December 2003 01:05 PM

I had some foreigner call me the other day saying he was from the ntl bank???. Couldn't understand a word he said so hung up.....

gtr_man 04 December 2003 01:05 PM

I'm completely serious. The business model works - that's why the likes of Abbey, BT, etc. have done it.

Most people shout and moan - but I wonder how many people have closed thier Abbey accounts, how many people have switched from BT - for the sole reason that they've moved thier operations to India??

logiclee 04 December 2003 01:08 PM

But......

I along with many other customers will support companies that support the UK.

I have just moved all my accounts, I used to be able to ring and speak to my own bank and then they say I have to speak to someone in a different country and I never get to speak to the same person twice. No Thank You.

There are still companies that offer good customer service within the UK and they will get my full support.

Also GTR man you seem to think this makes economic sense? Maybe short term for the company but not long term for the UK or individuals. The money is going out of the country and the unemployed workers become a burden on the state.

Lee

flat4 04 December 2003 01:10 PM

do people in India get called up by scottish people trying to sell them stuff? :confused:

corradoboy 04 December 2003 01:12 PM

Well said logiclee.

I would not open a new account with a company using such practises.

Buy British. Except when it comes to cars of course !

47 NAT 04 December 2003 01:15 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

unclebuck 04 December 2003 01:21 PM

http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/images/cat.jpg

:D

bloke 04 December 2003 01:22 PM

As a matter of course now I ask where call centres are located and if it's not GB they don't get my business. Simple as that.

Apart from the jobs side, has anyone tried dealing with these call centres? I mean, they try their best I'm sure, but you may as well be talking to a Martian!

alcazar 04 December 2003 01:29 PM

But aren't call centres an example of the type of industry that Thatcher wanted this country to go over to, at the cost of our manufacturing industry?

And now we are too expensive for them too.

Apparently, when asked about this trend, our beloved PM made some incomprehensible statement about us "having to keep ahaead".
I thought that was the whole problem....that our wages ARE ahead?

And isn't that due to our cost of living?

Alcazar

Dracoro 04 December 2003 01:36 PM

Buy British. Except when it comes to cars of course !
ans stereo's, kitchen appliances, computers, mobile phones, PC software, clothes, food, beer etc. etc.

Sith 04 December 2003 01:37 PM

If goods were cheaper in the UK and made cheaper to manufacture then the cost of wages could be dropped accross all companies and including up to the MD's.

What annoys me is that the people at the top ie MD's etc will not move themselves to India therefore saving the company in question a fortune a year.

corradoboy 04 December 2003 01:42 PM

Dracoro - My CD, amp and speakers are all British. As is my cooker. My fridge & freezer are Italian, so European isn't too naughty. Guilty as charged on the TV, DVD, AV amp and computer.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/elffster/elfsm/greatbrE.gif

Dracoro 04 December 2003 01:49 PM

And your food and clothes!?!?!?!

My point is, it's all double standards. One rule for bank call centres and another for other goods we buy.

I have Arcam stereo, not because it was British but because it was the best sound quality for the money (and it looks :cool: ;):D). I also have a japanese car and other gadgets because they were the best value etc.

By the way, do you feel more affinity towards the Italians than a member of the British commonwealth???? ;):)

Scooby96 04 December 2003 02:10 PM

What you mean my fujitsu pc isnt british?

corradoboy 04 December 2003 02:15 PM

No, my Apple Mac isn't American either.

Markus 04 December 2003 02:15 PM

Quite a few of our clients get freaked out that they are calling Canada and speaking to a brit (me!) But then they are yanks and are easilly freaked out.

I would like to see savings being passed onto consumers, but I really don't think that is going to happen. Companies have seen that the business model works and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. I think the problem most people have is that they cannot understand or make the person on the other end of the line understand, and in a customer service situation that is not really acceptable. Now, I am slightly hypocritical here as some people over here cannot understand my
'accent' and I kid you not (I have a somewhat plummy to rough south east accent, what ho! :D).

logiclee 04 December 2003 02:23 PM

Well here goes then.

My Amp and speakers are British. (Arcam and Mission)
My DVD, TV, Video, LD are all Jap. Sky+ is a Pace unit is that UK?

Washer, Fridge, Freezer, cooker all British but dish washer German. :(

Laptop was built in the UK but full of Toshiba bits. :rolleyes: ;)

But I must get the biggest medal as I've just bought a car from MG-Rover. :D

The thing with the call centre's is you can support the British workers without it costing you any extra money and getting a better product as well. :)

Lee

Bravo2zero_sps 04 December 2003 02:23 PM

LMFAO @ UB :D

I was so gonna do something along those lines but had to resist cos I'd get drawn in again :D

Ali Scott 04 December 2003 02:31 PM

LOL, whats the cat about UB? Have I missed something??

unclebuck 04 December 2003 02:40 PM

lol - ask gtr man

:D