ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Anyone had a clicking clutch...?!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/278200-anyone-had-a-clicking-clutch.html)

Dan J 03 December 2003 10:52 PM

Cos I have on my MY00 and it's bloody annoying! Whenever I depress the clutch right at the top it clicks you can both feel and hear it clearly. Is this a common thing do we know? Going to phone the dealer to see if they can sort it out but interested to hear if it's a common thing or if I'm on my own here!!!

NelsonUK 03 December 2003 11:55 PM

Dan - interesting thread - I have a MY00 also and have noticed a sort of click at the top too - again you can feel it and sort of hear it - interested to know what your dealer tells you ?

RON 04 December 2003 12:00 AM

It's something to do with the pedal mechanism, there's an over-centre type spring arrangement that causes it I think, mine used to do it, but I haven't heard it for a while.

Dan J 04 December 2003 12:30 AM

Ok sounds like that could be it. I'll speak to the dealer tomorrow and will post what they say.

MelTypeR 04 December 2003 07:44 AM

Dan J look here

Mel.

Chaddy 04 December 2003 09:40 AM

Yep,
00MY, mine clicks, and squeaks,from time to time,I just live with it, it's one of the cars lesser faults ! Someone once mentioned a split bush that rotates, and when it arrives at a particular position, it clicks,if that is the case, there's probably not much you can do about it. As usual, when I asked the dealer I got the usual shrug of the shoulders !

JIM THEO 04 December 2003 01:44 PM

They all do that Sir....even my new WRX03 does it sometimes slightly!
JIM

Dan J 04 December 2003 09:12 PM

Didn't get a chance to call the dealer today but from looking at the posts it seems it's a fairly common thing and something that has to be lived with. It's bugging me though so will probably still see if the dealer can try and adjust it or something. Thanks for all the feedback guys.

MJN 555 04 December 2003 10:28 PM

Same problem here, MY98 Turbo, tends to be worse when cold, very annoying in traffic jams, have heards about the bush story before, just need to have a look when I get 10 minutes, apparently you should be able to rotate it back into a non-clicking position.

Cheers

ALi-B 04 December 2003 11:06 PM

Yup, my MY97 does it too :(

It's quite handy sometimes - if I don't hear it I know that the mat has gone under the pedal again. Also if the missus is driving - I know she's pressing the clutch to the floor and not killing my gearbox!! :D

Hmmmm, after that last point...I don't think I'll bother fixing it!! ;)

pugoetru 04 December 2003 11:56 PM

my 92 leggy done it too :D

AlanG 05 December 2003 12:18 AM

Get your head under the dash and look at the pedal box assembly where you will see an "R" clip holding the pedal to the pedal box.
Swivel the "R" clip round from its present position and depress the pedal to the floor....

Alan :cool: