ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Northern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/)
-   -   New Gatso on the M621 coming into Leeds (https://www.scoobynet.com/northern-england-21/277330-new-gatso-on-the-m621-coming-into-leeds.html)

Maddy 01 December 2003 05:35 PM

Yesterday afternoon I spotted 3 engineers implementing a spanking new Gatso on the side of the slip road of the M621 that routes in to Leeds city center.

just thought I'd better let you know before it starts snapping away :/

Maddy :D

corradoboy 01 December 2003 06:49 PM

Cheers :cool:

Foxmod 01 December 2003 09:39 PM

thanks mate - I'm up there on Thursday

Dave ;)

RichiW 03 December 2003 09:29 PM

Cheers!

Looks like i'm going to have to start using the old Geodesy more often from now on :(

Desert Fox 06 December 2003 06:58 PM

Can't ever remember seeing an accident on thes stretch. Must be the 50 mph limit. Perhaps school children want to cross, or the police are a bit skint for the annual porkers ball.

*******S!!!!!

David_Wallis 07 December 2003 12:05 PM

near peugeot apparently

STEVECHAPS 07 December 2003 09:01 PM

It's in a new 30 limit as you exit the 50 (So a bit difficult to slow without causing a pile up!). Not a Gatso though,or at least not a normal one as it faces you. Deffo a speed camera though :(

Maddy 08 December 2003 06:37 PM

Sorry thought it was a Gatso, interested if anyone knows what type of speedcam it is?, A friend of mine has already been flashed on Saturday in her Mini coop S (just a single flash), she's not a happy bunny.

Have noticed the signs are also up now

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/speedsign.gif

Maddy

STEVECHAPS 08 December 2003 10:05 PM

Maddy, flashed by that one? I'm Q relieved if so as I wasn't sure if I'd braked early & hard enough to get down to 30 before I got in range of it & wondered if it was the tracking rather than 'flashing' sort!
Number of injuries pre camera = Zero (Or I'd be very surprised!)
Number of rear end shunts/multiple pile ups likely post camera = Numerous likely.
Nuff said

white scooby 08 December 2003 10:33 PM

think its one of the truvelo things . . the forward facing ones that flash as you approach them . .

Alan C 10 December 2003 09:25 PM

Where abouts guys? I'm a bit worried now!

I went into Makro this afternoon and came off the M621 at the Elland Road junction. I came from Wakefield (M1), so northbound and didn't see anything.

Is it comming the other way?

Must update the Road Angel regardless.

MadGrip 10 December 2003 09:44 PM

its right at the end of the M621 at the traffic lights, where all the road works are

Phil

Alan C 10 December 2003 09:54 PM

Phew!

Thanks man... I can never seem to get down to the 50 on the Northbound stretch.

That bend is too good to waste.

Plus I had visons of seeing 70 in a 30 on some ticket through the letterbox..

See ya all at the meet....

Desert Fox 11 December 2003 08:32 AM

Won't be long before somebody Tbones it. Its right on the bend in line with a bit of understeer. Can't wait for the hard frost or heavy snow. I could do with a laugh. I don't think its permanent though.

bluenosewrx 13 December 2003 04:56 PM

it cant be a truvelo then as they dont flash,they are digital with infra red fitted i beleive.ok for motorcyclists as they dont have a front No plate.might be a forward facing gatso but they are expensive and rare.if it has the usual white measuring lines it is a gatso,if it has three rumble type strips it is a truvelo.they also must have a camera sign less than a mile from the speed trap.
hope this helps.bluenose wrx

Desert Fox 15 December 2003 09:04 AM

Its got a single white line and number approx 50 feet in front of the cam.

chiark 18 December 2003 03:18 PM

That bend is too good to waste.
Amen to that :D . Especially in the wet :D :D

corradoboy 18 December 2003 05:51 PM

My old man reckons they've just got the green light for another 50 in the Leeds area :eek:

scoobynson 20 December 2003 05:50 PM

deffo Truvelo i was stuck in trafic there and guess what its got a name plate on TRUVELO.