ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Need a wheel refurb? Avoid Spit&Polish (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/276974-need-a-wheel-refurb-avoid-spit-and-polish.html)

Chungster 12 January 2003 04:12 PM

This month's Banzai Mag does an article on a wheel refurb place in Kent.

They're called Fat Wheel Refurbishments

www.fatwheels.co.uk

01795 585111

You could give them a try I guess and see what they can do.

[Edited by Chungster - 12/1/2003 8:06:52 PM]

timofbeans 30 November 2003 07:02 PM

Thought I'd mention the debacle I had thanks to Spit&Polish in Kent.

Having kerb'd my GunMetal alloy I needed the rim machining.

Sent the wheel off for the 3-day service via Bracknell Tyre.

They repaired the damage but the wheel came back gold!

Ok, so it could've been an innocent mistake so back it went. Despite my complaint they could still only manage another 3-day turnaround.

3 days later, and it comes back another colour. Still wrong! Now that's just incompetent.

Despite more complaints they would still only offer a 3 day service and made no attempt to alleviate the fact I'd been without my wheel for 6 days. They suggested I drive from Bracknell to Tonbridge ( on my spare ) if I wanted it back the same day.

In the end Bracknell tyre had to drive all the way there to get it back the next day.

And it's still the wrong colour!!!!

Needless to say I never paid a penny, but thanks to Bracknell tyre for trying to sort out.

I gave up with Spit&Polish so if anyone knows a refurb company who know's what colour GunMetal is, I'd appreciate it.

Spit & Polish - incompetent and crap at customer service.

Gooner 30 November 2003 08:56 PM

If it's not too far you could try Pristine Alloys in Milton Keynes, if you want a contact number send me a mail.

Chungster 30 November 2003 08:59 PM

But do beware you will be paying a premium with Pristine, who are one of the best wheel refurbishers in the country.

Have been told they do a brilliant job though - pay for what you get i suppose.

andrewdelvard 01 December 2003 08:27 AM

But is it possible to colour match 1 wheel?

Gooner 01 December 2003 08:39 AM

According to Pristine there should be no problem. I have Prodrive Speedlines on my Scoob, they are flitter grey colour, which is probably the worst colour to match, when I valled in recently they said it was no problem. I have only heard good things about them, so when I get time to put the originals back on for a few days I'll be taking mine to them for repair tp minor damage.

Pete Croney 01 December 2003 04:02 PM

You will never get a colour match if you send just one wheel. Wheels are low baked, electrostatically powder coated and then high temp baked at the factory. They are not painted.

The only way to get a perfect match is to do all four.

SlowBoy 01 December 2003 06:01 PM

Did you supply a paint code?

timofbeans 01 December 2003 09:23 PM

OK, so maybe I was expecting too much, sending a single wheel with no paint code, but their customer service left a lot to be desired.

I'll try Pristine in Milton Keynes. It needs re-doing anyway since Spit&Polish left it bodged with what only can be described as a "smudge".

DanTheMan 03 December 2003 10:52 PM

I had my gold speedlines done at Lepsons in Kent, they did one and I realised it was a different gold, but they were so cheap (and quality) that I just got the other 3 done too.

Roger Woods 05 December 2003 05:05 AM

I used Lepsons in Kent to refurb my 00 Alloys I left the car over night and they refitted tyres etc - Very pleased and all for 200 quid all in would use them again for sure!

[Edited by Roger Woods - 12/5/2003 5:06:38 AM]

Danny B 05 December 2003 03:46 PM

try http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk they pick up wheels on a Tuesday and deliver back on a Friday.
I had a very good service from them, but as everyone else has said if you haven't got a paint code send all 4.