ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   WHAT A GOOD DAY IT WAS FOR THE TORIES! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/276281-what-a-good-day-it-was-for-the-tories.html)

Diesel 28 November 2003 10:57 AM

What is happening? Tony Blair has turned even more into Margaret Thatcher, arrogantly bludgeoning his way through parliament, his colleagues and the electorate. His ‘Top-up-Fees’ will undoubtedly be Labour’s Poll Tax whilst he pi$$es off the whole country by closing down London and nicking all the regional cops so he can party with Bush etc etc Probably a hospital’s worth of costs there alone…

Meanwhile Howard has made a cracking and TV friendly start – did you see the party broadcast last night? Has that man read my history of moany whingy posts here and taken it all on board ??? ;)

Then there was Ken Clarke on Question Time being very ‘British’ and ‘charmingly’ saying what most of us think about being nannied and how Labour are just losing the voter connection, whilst concurrently fleecing us and then pi$$ing it up against the wall.

Finally I watched ‘This Week’ with Clare Short and Michael Portillo cuddling up on a sofa and agreeing with everything the other said! That’s Clare Short and Michael Portillo!!!!!! Unbelievable :o

What’s the world coming to? Am I voting Tory next time? UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

NotoriousREV 28 November 2003 10:58 AM

Hate to say it, especially as a lifelong Labour supporter, but I'll also be voting Tory next time round, just to get the current scumbags out.

andrewdelvard 28 November 2003 11:21 AM

Power corrupts.

johnfelstead 28 November 2003 11:26 AM

and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Old_Fart 28 November 2003 11:30 AM

Is that whats happened to Mark and Harvey then John?
Rgds
Cman

tiggers 28 November 2003 11:31 AM

Be careful what you wish for!!!!

tiggers

Funkii Munkii 28 November 2003 03:18 PM

"Be careful what you wish for"

I couldnt agree more, you wished for Labour you got them and they've been F*cking us all silly ever since......

^Qwerty^ 28 November 2003 03:25 PM

Which Labour geezer was on with Paxman the other night, and refused to take part in a discussion? The one where he (paxman) kept taking the pi55 out of the lib dem bloke for the Cod Liver for all policy?

Has somebody has hit the self destruct button at Labour HQ?

Geddon 28 November 2003 04:01 PM

Has anyone heard about the sliding tax bank holiday? What a fantastic idea:) ie the earlier the day comes in the year, the less tax you are paying. Apparently its gone from March something to June under labour. And the improvements since labour came to power are what? Wasting all our money and starting unpopular wars mainly:)

a2jcy 28 November 2003 04:01 PM

Never voted labour never will just look at that fat b###ard Prescot
and that say's it all :)

paulr 28 November 2003 04:44 PM

Tony is just starting to come into his element...........another 8 years of glorious leadership left in him...

:)..

Scooby96 28 November 2003 04:49 PM

4 TOPS

Diesel 28 November 2003 06:32 PM

Qwerty - that was Peter Hain. He was quite composed, but it was a bit childish to decline to join in the debate on a 'technicality'. Seems unlikely they'd get a politician in to debate about something that wasnt his dept or party policy after all...

Paxman can be such a c sometimes, but I cant help liking him! He just doesnt give a stuff about self important politicians - of any party!