ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Pet hate for the morning.... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/275898-pet-hate-for-the-morning.html)

DrEvil 27 November 2003 08:06 AM

Sorry, but is it too much to ask, that if someone is involved a fairly major RTA on any road, that results in large amounts of debris (glass, plastic etc..), that they inform the local Police force, so somebody bloody cleans it up? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Hundreds of cars will drive though a lot of glass and other debris going through Reigate this morning, then straight on the M25 and upto 70Mph (well anti-clock wise anyhow ;) ).

Surely most people can understand the danger!?

Sorry major grump on this morning, compounded by this... perhaps I should get out more... (that doesn't need an answer! :D ).

NotoriousREV 27 November 2003 08:57 AM

Just wondering, but did you inform the police of the debris on the road?

DrEvil 27 November 2003 09:30 AM

Yep

tiggers 27 November 2003 09:46 AM

You were waiting for that question weren't you? :D

BTW - completely agree with you. I had an accident last August and went to a nearby house to borrow a broom so I could sweep the road while I was waiting to be towed away - just seems eminently sensible to me!!!

Regards,

tiggers.

DrEvil 27 November 2003 09:56 AM

Tiggers - yeah I was :D

I know what you mean, just makes sense.
The local Police were very helpful this morning, and thanked me for my efforts, which was nice.

scooby-tc 27 November 2003 09:59 AM

You need to get out more Alex :D ;)

ScoobyJawa 27 November 2003 10:20 AM

My pet hate - for the 3rd time in 2 weeks I've been held up by idiotic lorry drivers going down Salt Box Road in Guildford with lorrys that won't fit under the low bridge - EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE FLIPPING WARNING SIGNS UP - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

DrEvil 27 November 2003 10:26 AM

scooby-tc - LOL, knew someone would say that :D

ScoobyJawa - I know what you mean.. fortunately don't have to deal with that road anymore.

MATTeL 27 November 2003 10:28 AM

Is DrEvil the new Scoobynet Victor Meldrew?

Actually I agree with you about the debris on the road...

Spoon 27 November 2003 11:00 AM

Is DrEvil the new Scoobynet Victor Meldrew?

Actually I agree with you about the debris on the road...
In that case he can't be then unless you are too!! :rolleyes: :D

DrEvil 27 November 2003 11:18 AM

Sorry, bad night on-call, so knackered and hacked off this AM.

Bravo2zero_sps 27 November 2003 11:41 AM

I know what you mean, you wanna try going over glass/debris in the road on a motorbike! Have had this happen twice to me now where I have then had the rear tyre blow out at 100 mph on the M25 and on the A21 :eek: [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Lucky wasn't front tyre each time or I wouldn't be typing this now.

DrEvil 27 November 2003 11:48 AM

Bravo - :eek: glad you were ok.

Listy 27 November 2003 11:51 AM

I average about 1 - 2 calls per month to the old bill for Bits in the road......

Always phone and let them know. Having hit a few bits in the past it's only fair I reckon...

Bravo2zero_sps 27 November 2003 11:53 AM

It just annoys me that you see the police at these accidents, they close the road rightly so to move vehicles out the way etc but then they dont take the 5 mins max to sweep the cr@p off the road because they can't be ar$ed :rolleyes: Diesel spills are a big issue for bikers but so are RTA's where the glass and stuff isn't cleared up :rolleyes:

Leslie 27 November 2003 11:55 AM

Perfectly reasonable thing to expect Dr Evil.

Les

Scooby_simon 27 November 2003 12:19 PM

and remember from the 1st of dec to not use you mobile in the car without hand free......

DrEvil 27 November 2003 01:32 PM

Simon - thats why i waited until I got to work before phoning them.

NotoriousREV 27 November 2003 01:47 PM

Damn you, you foiled my plan by being a good samaritan [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] ;):D

DrEvil 27 November 2003 01:52 PM

LOL :D

Markus 27 November 2003 01:53 PM

Alex - don't blame you for being a might peeved. imagine if you were getting onto the 'carpark' ;) and a blowout occured due to debris, not nice.

I would have thought if it was a serious RTA that police would be called to the scene anyway? in which case they ususall get a concil clean up crew in.

Maybe the plods are too busy catching speeders? dunno? :D