ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Suicide Bombers and how to stop them (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/275482-suicide-bombers-and-how-to-stop-them.html)

pslewis 26 November 2003 12:49 AM

I have thought of a way to stop these fanatics.

They have NO regards for their own lives, but love their families dear.

We execute ALL the immediate family of every suicide bomber!!

End Of!

Pete

Buckrogers 26 November 2003 12:53 AM

Thats not a bad idea!

They might get the message that this pointless merry go round of violence against innocent people is achieving nothing...

NACRO 26 November 2003 07:07 AM

Then their families become unwilling martyrs to the cause........it won't work. Next suggestion please.

Collective punishment is as morally wrong as suicide bombing.

Scooby96 26 November 2003 07:12 AM

How about we threaten that we'll make them live with pete :D

Old_Fart 26 November 2003 07:17 AM

That'd be cruel and unusual punishment Scoob96, you sir are no better than the terrorists!
C

gimlet 26 November 2003 07:43 AM

Why don't they train-up hundreds, or maybe thousands, of sniffer dogs to detect the explosives.

These dogs could then be deployed in the streets and detect the explosives before they get a chance to detonate them.

CraigH 26 November 2003 08:08 AM

Make a human shield out of Asylum seekers.

2 problems solved ;)

Listy 26 November 2003 08:31 AM

Gimlets idea would just fill the pavements with Dog Sh!t.... That'd be nice.........NOT !!!!

andrewdelvard 26 November 2003 08:48 AM

I have thought of a way to stop these fanatics.

They have NO regards for their own lives, but love their families dear.

We execute ALL the immediate family of every suicide bomber!!

End Of!

Pete

And you're a school governor.
They really will take anyone won't they?
You should be ashamed of yourself.

[Edited by andrewdelvard - 11/26/2003 8:49:48 AM]

gimlet 26 November 2003 08:57 AM

Gimlets idea would just fill the pavements with Dog Sh!t.... That'd be nice.........NOT !!!!
Hmm, difficult choice. Dirty shoes, or body parts spread over a wide area. Maybe you're right :rolleyes:

DRUNKNORGY 26 November 2003 09:48 AM

Erm, howabout Getting Israel to pull out of the West bank and Palestine, and speeding up the process of pulling the troops out of Iraq. Oh but first, finishing off the hopeless cockup they made of sorting out Saddam and his followers :rolleyes:

NotoriousREV 26 November 2003 09:50 AM

Drunknorgy, now you're your just being silly ;)

andrew6321 26 November 2003 09:53 AM

pete - an idea of that quality is surely worthy of a seat in government.

Try the BNP - I hear they're looking for candidates....

yoza 26 November 2003 10:08 AM

I think you should send all successful suicide bombers to that Guantanimo bay place, thatll sort them out...

pslewis 26 November 2003 10:13 AM

I believe that you would only need to act upon it a couple of times - then they would have to change tactics.

Firm views come from firm men - lily livered, wishy washy views come from wishy washy people

Pete

yoza 26 November 2003 10:16 AM

Wishy Washy, how seasonal.....:)

andrew6321 26 November 2003 10:22 AM

superb idea - straight to the source of the problem...I can't believe it hasn't been thought of before.

But, just in case it doesn't work, what's your 'plan B'?

pslewis 26 November 2003 10:24 AM

Isreal blow up the family homes - that would be for starters!

Pete

289 26 November 2003 10:27 AM

Pete, they already blow up their homes. What are they going to do, blow it up a second time .... like that'll be a major deterrent.

Hobo_Jojo 26 November 2003 10:32 AM

errr. pslewis what make u think a suicide bomber is gonna care or know if u kill his family after he's conducted his bombing?

DRUNKNORGY 26 November 2003 10:33 AM

I would have thought that your advanced years would have given you more foresight than that Pete. Bush and Blair have dug us into a hole which will cost us Billions of £££ and many lives - A new Vietnam, and they haven't a clue how to solve it.

[Edited by DRUNKNORGY - 11/26/2003 12:31:19 PM]

Leslie 26 November 2003 11:42 AM

He is right of course, firm ideas do come from firm people, and Megalomaniacs!

vindaloo 26 November 2003 12:58 PM

There is an advantage in being in Iraq - stopping any oil revenues from buying/developing weapons and financing extremists.

We won't be faced with negotiating with a ruthless, p*ssed-off dictator when the time comes that we NEED Iraq's oil.

It's far easier for a nutter with a gun to pop off at the USA/UK soldiers and the Iraqi police than it is for them to obtain access to the USA/UK and be in a position to blow something up.

I'd rather encourage (wrong word!?) a fight as far away from my family and loved ones. Assuming there was going to be a scrap in the first place.

Vindaloo.

Jye 26 November 2003 01:29 PM

--I would have thought that your advanced years would have given you more foresight than that Pete--

Why? Its well acknowledged that lewis is an attention seeking, post count grasping, demented, trolling (what he’s doing with this post), flame merchant.

pslewis

or if anyone actually believes his age -

morepslewis

[Edited by Jye - 11/26/2003 1:31:05 PM]

Adam M 26 November 2003 01:34 PM

at least when they blow up their homes they give them warning to get out first, and go for military targets or known bonb building factories as opposed to cafes.

Ted Maul 26 November 2003 01:34 PM

why would a homicide bomber (suicide isn't the right word) give a damn about his family. Afterall they have been guaranteed a 1000 vigins in heaven or some brain washed b*ll*x.

Daz34 26 November 2003 02:07 PM

Why don't they train-up hundreds, or maybe thousands, of sniffer dogs to detect the explosives.

These dogs could then be deployed in the streets and detect the explosives before they get a chance to detonate them
Wouldn't work.

The explosive jackets or bags that the bombers wear are also actuated by timer & also radio transmitter, by a second terrorist watching the bomber, in case they have a change of heart :(
Of course the 'martyr' isn't told this.

Darren

DRUNKNORGY 26 November 2003 02:22 PM

Still again people look at a way of manipulating peoples belief systems by force rather than giving them what they (and we ourselves) want - To be autonomous. Palestine is being denied this and now so is Iraq. The people may have despised Saddam, but they still regarded him as one of their own.

Scooby_simon 26 November 2003 02:25 PM

execute the cleric's who peddle the 'they have been guaranteed a 1000 vigins in heaven'

Ali Scott 26 November 2003 02:31 PM

How about a couple of Hundred Nuclear weapons aimed at the Middle East??
Wipe all the Fcukers Out...

Job Done - Tick :D