ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Hidden tracks (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/275142-hidden-tracks.html)

bloke 25 November 2003 12:02 AM

Is it me or they just a total PITA?

Typical example, the one on Travis The Man Who is one of my favourite tracks on the album...and have to sit there waiting for it [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

B :(

stevoWRX 25 November 2003 12:14 AM

Same with Dido , " Life for Rent " ... when last track is finished .. 1 minute gap ( 7mins in total on ) then another really good song .." Closer you get the better I feel .. "

BOB.T 25 November 2003 10:33 AM

There's a guddun on Alanis Nicorettes's Jagged little pill too, I don't see the point hiding them either!:confused:

magepaster 25 November 2003 11:45 AM

If the hidden tracks weren`t hidden they`d be unhidden tracks then we wouldn`t know we were getting hidden tracks because we`d have nothing to look for. I think :D

Dan B 25 November 2003 01:55 PM

FFWD then :rolleyes:

Jerry* 25 November 2003 01:59 PM

There's one on each of Robbie Williams' albums and also on the last Oasis CD too.. can't see the point meeself... !?

555 Markus 25 November 2003 02:02 PM

Think theres more than one at the start of Ash's "1977". All worth a listen. Not quite sure how I found them though :confused::D

Shaolin 25 November 2003 02:27 PM

At the end of nirvana's never mind.....there is one i think also.

TaviaRS 25 November 2003 02:52 PM

Make the disc harder to copy?

hail-hail 25 November 2003 02:56 PM

They are not even particularly good at hiding them

Travis The Man Who is one of my favourite tracks on the album...and have to sit there waiting for it

Life for Rent " ... when last track is finished .. 1 minute gap

At the end of nirvana's never mind
There are all at the end FFS, I wouldn't mind taking this lot on at a game of Hide and Seek, for a fiver :D

BuRR 25 November 2003 05:31 PM

What about the weird one near the end of The Stone Roses' second coming.

I remember once getting ar$eholed when listening to it, then waking up in the middle of the hidden track playing...... I wondered what the hell was going on!! lol :D

DRUNKNORGY 25 November 2003 06:41 PM

They are there to stop people using 74 minute CDRs to copy them, so have to go to 80 minute jobbies which cost a bit more. The games CDs also uses files which are open, as the normal Joliet copying software can only read and copy closed files.

Where theres a will............... ;)

bloke 28 November 2003 11:57 PM

Sorry been away...

There are all at the end FFS, I wouldn't mind taking this lot on at a game of Hide and Seek, for a fiver
Err.. you are missing the point :rolleyes:

I know where it is, it's just on my stereo at home I can't FF within tracks so if I want to listen to the track I have to endure umpteen minutes of silence.

Of course on the PC I can get round it.

Anyway, whatever, at last it's the weekend :D:D

class_A 29 November 2003 12:55 AM

1) Rip disc
2) Edit "hidden track" to remove silence and split tracks
3) Burn
4) Store original for safe keeping

:D