ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Picked it up... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/274747-picked-it-up.html)

Scoobyslammed 23 November 2003 11:08 PM

WOW!!!
Picked it up saturday afternoon... havn't stopped drivin' it since...
Done over 140 miles just cruizin about... I love it!
It's a Turbo 2000 awd... V-reg registered on the 23rd Dec 99...in dark metalic blue...Only little niggle with the car is it seems to steam up inside alot... any ideas anyone, or is this just summit they suffer with, cause I've seen alot going about like this...
Anyway, well chuffed with it, I'll post some pic's once I've give it a good polish... mind you, it's come up mint with just a wash and abit of glass cleaner today...

Scoobyslammed 23 November 2003 11:10 PM

It's just done 41000 miles, when's the next cam belt change due...???

TREV 23 November 2003 11:17 PM

At 45000 m8.
Get your 500+ squid ready.

But it's all worth it.!!!

talizman 23 November 2003 11:31 PM

Next to your heater controls, make sure you have the slide switch set to vent, as opposed to re-circulate as this causes the glass to steam up.

(the picture of the cabin with the swirly arrow!)

SCD Simon 23 November 2003 11:55 PM

Cambelt should have been changed at 36 months as it's either 45 K or 3 years whichever is 1st. It isn't due again until Dec 05 :)
Simon

jason4656 23 November 2003 11:59 PM

can be due to condensation or water in car, check ur carpets are all dry also

scoobimax 24 November 2003 12:32 AM

might be water in the boot - the rear lights are well known to let the damp stuff in. Easy enough to re-seal though. Check for any crash repair round boot seal too.

Max

Paul Woodward 24 November 2003 01:48 PM

When I bought an x reg MY00 I was told by the dealer that the cambelt change had been moved back to 60,000 miles, can anyone confirm that that is right?

16vmarc 24 November 2003 01:56 PM

Nice 1 m8, had mine 3months and im still grinning!! :D <---- like that!!!!!

LG John 24 November 2003 02:00 PM

LOL, the old recuirc mistake - we've all made it :D

kentscooby2 24 November 2003 04:20 PM

Scoobimax - wish I had read that 6 months ago!!
Had terrible problems with my 97MY. Found plenty of water sloshing around in space-saver spare, so sealed spare bay/bolt area. 2 months later rear indicator was playing up. Closer inspection revealed short circuit as the light unit itself was half full of water!!!
Solved by buying a WRX03

Graz 24 November 2003 04:34 PM

Paul,

There seems to be some debate about MY00 cam belt intervals, I thought it was 60k/4yrs, but my dealer says it's due at 45k/3yrs.

I'm having it done next week. Better safe than sorry I suppose, cheaper than an engine rebuild! Can't really argue as it would invalidate my extended warranty.

Scoobyslammed 24 November 2003 11:09 PM

Cheers, I'll try the rear lights, I've had the car HPI'ed and had a good look over it... and there is no sign of accident repair, & it's all clear... I'll look what heater is set on tommorrow...
As I said, the car has now done 41K... But I have receipts in the FSH saying the cam belt was changed at 30K on the full service...
When will it be due again, and what sort off cost's am I looking at, anything else worth changing while doing this job???

T2000UK 24 November 2003 11:47 PM

I had the cambelt changed at the 45K service on my MY00.

The cost depends on where in the country (world) you are. My 45K service cost £320 including belt.

Riftzone 25 November 2003 12:01 AM

cambelt change interval from the horses mouth:-

http://www.riftzone.fsnet.co.uk/scoobservices.jpg

Iwan 25 November 2003 08:05 AM

Scoobyslammed - it sounds like yours is the identical twin (age, colour, model) to mine which i picked up from the dealership yesterday.

Fun aren't they?! ;-)

Scoobyslammed 25 November 2003 08:30 PM

Yeah, load'sa fun...
The heater was on re-cerculating, cars fine now... no more misting up...
Another little niggley problem... Is some of the switches... heated rear screen, hazard warning lights, and rear fog light switches... They all work when you press them and light up when in operation...
But these 3 switches don't illuminate when your lights are on, so I can't see them very well at night...
Are there bulbs inside these switches so I can sort the problem, or is it the case of having to replace each switch cause there l.e.d bulbs inside them... if anyone knows, cause otherwise I'm just gonna take them apart and find out...!
Thats all for now... cheers...
I may just get the cam belt done for the sheer hell of it... peace of mind really!

misty 25 November 2003 08:34 PM

If there's an X in the engine No then its 36000 or 36 months. If it's a Y then it's 45000 or 48 months.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_25.gif
dave
P.S Oh yes, welcome to the forum m8, have a nice life!!

[Edited by misty - 11/25/2003 8:49:25 PM]

chiark 25 November 2003 08:45 PM

Not all the switches are illuminated. Just to confuse you.

Sounds about right :D

Welcome to the grin club :)

talizman 25 November 2003 09:04 PM

The heater was on re-cerculating
Ahhhh, as suspected... the old re-circ switch position!

I think we've all been caught out by it at some point! ;)

Scoobyslammed 25 November 2003 10:39 PM

Just seems strange that the front fog light switch illuminates when lights are on, but the rear fog light switch doesn't... and would have thought the rear heated screen switch ought to light up when lights are on???
So does anyone know, and do they have bulbs in???
Sorry about the re-circ question, but being new to the Scooby... thought best asking you lot... Cheers for you help... you've all been great help... I can see where im going now...
It's all abit moddern for me really... but i'm lovin' it...

-=Buzz=- 25 November 2003 10:59 PM

on my 96 the heated rear screen button lit up, I'm sure, as did front and rear fog buttons.

pop them out and see if there's a bulb there, quickest way :D

Scoobyslammed 25 November 2003 11:06 PM

Thought that might be the case... oh well, something to do over the weekend then...! And give it a good valet, and take some pic's...

Scratch 25 November 2003 11:11 PM

Here's the low down on the switches.

Your fog light (front and rear) should be back lit. I had been told different by 1 scooby dealer, then the one I now use said "72.5k serviced OK, and BTW we put a new bulb in the fog switch as it had gone".

I think they charged me about £1.80 for the new bulb fitted. (in other word no labour charge :))

Certainly MY98 the rear window and hazards are not back lit, IIRC, for MY99 onwards I think that they are back lit but not 100% sure - again ask the dealer - he should know if he's any good!

[Edited by Scratch - 11/25/2003 11:14:44 PM]

[Edited by Scratch - 11/25/2003 11:15:51 PM]

Scoobyslammed 26 November 2003 10:52 PM

Cheers, mine was registered very late 99... I try giving them a ring... It'll be nice to be able to see all my switches in the dark!!!

OllyK 27 November 2003 09:05 AM

Hi Scoobyslammed

You lucky dog - just bought a MY00 Wagon - due to pick it up this weekend / early next week depending on when the finances turn up in my account - can't wait!!

Scoobyslammed 27 November 2003 11:18 PM

Bet you can't wait for it... It'll be worth it matey... You'll love it!!!
The sound and speed of them is stunning!