ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Ireland & Northern Ireland (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/)
-   -   Show at the odssey (https://www.scoobynet.com/ireland-and-northern-ireland-27/274454-show-at-the-odssey.html)

teds 8 22 November 2003 11:06 PM

Does anyone out their know anything about a show coming too the odssey on 13th + 14th December, Their is something about a rally stage and a motorsport show? Is it worth going too?:confused:

High Octane 24 November 2003 08:57 PM

Just read about the rally stage in the paper today.
There will be a 1 mile stage in the Titanic Quarters Yard behind the Odyssey (purpose built track). Pasi Hagstrom 1999 Finnish champion with half of Makinens gravel crew will be competing against 40 top rally drivers from ireland.Tickets are £15 each

Andy W STI 24 November 2003 10:56 PM

I think It'll be a great show, the Prodrive folks should be fantastic.

Andy

Sloaner 25 November 2003 12:03 PM

Will probably go incase i miss something, but a 1 mile track wont be very long and it will be hard to get a good place to see it - big crowds and will probably have to stand miles away from the edge of the track. The wrc cars are well worth seeing even it not driven by Petter.

my00scooby 28 November 2003 07:44 PM

No offence here guys but you can go out to any international rally in the year and see last years WRC cars flat out, hardly justified to pay £15 just to see a 1mile super special with this years WRC car?
I haven't heard much about this spectacle, are there any famous drivers coming?

fitzy 02 December 2003 09:17 PM

i think that this will b a fantastic spectacle, a chance 2 c Petter Solbergs world championship winning car in our own back yard,flat out!!the stage is completely surrounded by brick walls, the noise will b truely awsome!!unlike normal rallys,u can c the whole stage in one go,not just one corner.much like the very popular super special stages which attract tens of thousands of spectators wanting 2 get close to the cars.dont forget that the stage is built in the 16 acre titanic quarter beside the odyssey,so there will be plenty of room for spectators on specially made banking,hospitality suites and side shows will make this an event 2 remember!

I'm a newbie 2 ;) 02 December 2003 11:35 PM

Wow a newbie who knows all about the event ;) most impressive :D

nudge, nudge ;) ;)

jon44w 03 December 2003 02:38 AM

The cars will hardly be flat out surrounded by brick walls and on a small super special. Regardless Ill still be there even though half the shows been scrapped ( the indoor motorshow is postponed to 2004 )

Andy W STI 03 December 2003 06:28 PM

I was in prodrive last week and have seen the car preped for the show, from the chassis number it looks like one of the cars from the monty this year, not sure if it is Petter's or Tommi's

Andy

Andy W STI 03 December 2003 06:33 PM

I tell a lie, as the reg's are different it's not from the monty!

Edit- According to the reg number it was last driven by Tommi in Catalunya

[Edited by Andy W STI - 12/3/2003 6:41:33 PM]

ustolemyname??stevieturbo 03 December 2003 08:29 PM

Wot u doin at Prodrive Andy ??? Is there something there for the general public to see, or is it a private thing??

Andy W STI 03 December 2003 10:28 PM

The Irish Subaru Divers club arranged a factory tour for 15 of us last week, fantastic!! Got to see the cars that are being preped for mexico, last years cars etc. Learned about Prodrives other ventures including their ferrari 550 GTS cars.
These are folks that pay an amazing amount of attention to detail almost everything is manufactured on site and are the only motorsports company involved in 3 forms of worldwide motorsport.

Andy

Mr Jiggerry Poke 04 December 2003 02:21 PM

Have just seen a short bit on the forthcoming show on BBC Newline @ lunchtime. Seemed to be a Performance Subaru car, with David Humphries and Peter Canavan being taken around for a short spin.

From the report it seems that the event is on this weekend?

Anybody know a definite date - or any links to sites with more info?

Mr Jiggerry Poke 04 December 2003 02:31 PM

Once again Mr Jiggerry is too lazy to look himself, but found time to google:

Irish Rallying.com Preview of The Titanic World Rally Sprint (Belfast) - 13-14 Dec 03

[Edited by Mr Jiggerry Poke - 12/4/2003 2:34:01 PM]

urban 05 December 2003 12:03 PM

Folks,

Whatabout the original question on here.

Does anyone have any real usefull information regarding said event on the 13th/14th, like when it starts/finishes etc, who's up against who.

Maybe the name of the people organising it would be a good idea, because the Odyssey's web site tells you bugger all except that it costs £15 per person.

Thanks,

Shaun

BEW 05 December 2003 06:11 PM

Top Entries Recieved:

Pasi Hagstrom, Subaru World Rally Team
Kenny McKinstry, Banbridge, Co Down
Davy Greer, Carryduff, Co Down
Sean Casey
Brendan Connor, Cross, Co. Derry
Brian McCloskey, Kilrea, Co Derry
Craig Bennett, Fivemiletown, Co Tyrone
Denis Biggerstaff, Dromara, Co Down
Trevor Moore, Newtownabbey, Co Antrim
Dick Curran, Donaghadee, Co Down
Fintan McGrady, Belfast, Co Antrim
Gary White, Dunmurry, Belfast, Co Antrim
Jim Crozier, Hillsborough, Co Down
John McIvor, Ballykelly, Limavady, Co Derry
Kevin Lynch, Dungiven, Co Derry
Maurice Gass, Market Hill, Armagh
Mike Curran, Donaghadee, Co Down
Neil McCance, Comber Co Down
Raymond McLaughlin, Drumahoe, Co. Derry
Richard Curry, Newtownabbey, Co Antrim
Robbie McGurk, Omagh, Co Tyrone
Sean Devine, Donemana, Strabane, Co Tyrone
Stephen Moore, Pomeroy, Co Down
Terry McGonigle, Clady, Strabane, Co Tyrone

McGarrity is trying to take part in a new S9 Subaru, same spec as the Works car!!

*STAGE MAP*

It's on from 9am to 6pm AFAIK.