ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Scotland (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/)
-   -   Want Tyres? Try Skidz in Falkirk! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scotland-28/271966-want-tyres-try-skidz-in-falkirk.html)

Techno 15 November 2003 02:46 PM

Just want to thank them for making me a delighted customer:D:D:D.
Was there today and got 4 Toyo Proxes T1-S (215/40/17zr)fitted for £340.00 :D:D That's £85.00 per corner! Job done within an hour as well:D

Other prices I was quoted were:

Kwik-Fit - £480.00 = £120 each
National - £416.00 = £104 each
Jim Dickson - £376.00 = £94 each
Subaru Falk - £360.00 = £90 each
SKIDZ - £340.00 = £85 each

Ok some of the above Companies may have done a price match but why should you give them your trade??? If I hadn't done my homework they would have robbed me of a lot of money!
Keep up the good work SKIDZ.

Cheers

T-uk 15 November 2003 02:55 PM

I wonder how many phone calls skidz get , from the big companies having to price match over the next few weeks.

opelcorsa 15 November 2003 03:28 PM

hey techno how you doin, not seen you about lately.Everything seems to be a bit hush hush just now.

The_Gza 15 November 2003 04:44 PM

Get my tyres from Skidz as well - the Toyos to fit the Cup were only £55 each :)

chrisyd 15 November 2003 07:07 PM

Techno

Rubber should be good for another few years driving then ;-)

ps, what's happened to the glasgow meets of old ???

Chris

trance 16 November 2003 09:32 AM

Hey techno how things mate???. Yeah meets seem to be short on supply now!!. Think most of the muppets could not bring there self to meeting in coatbridge!!. :)

talizman 16 November 2003 02:01 PM

Not a bad price, but mytyres are doing the same rubber for £74.30.
£297.20 for a set isn't to be sniffed at!

Even when you add the fitting cost, still a saving.

Wonder if Skidz will price match mytyres?

Techno 16 November 2003 06:55 PM

T-UK, As mentioned at the bottom of my post, I hope people give the trade to Companies like Skidz. The ones that are giving you a fair deal to start with and not selling over inflated prices(no pun intended:D)with the intention of ripping us off! Why should the overpriced Companies get the trade. Three cheers for the underdog:):):).

Opelcorsa, Doing good thanks. Been quiet cos I was planning a bank job to cover the costs of tyres had I gone to one of the dearer Companies;)How u keeping yourself? Is that what u mean with hush hush?

Chrisyd, ye am hoping for a few years out them;). U back in the UK yet? Dunno what's happening these days with the meets. Dougster is now a moderator and regional organiser. There was a meet last Month down at Kilmarnock that seemed to be successful and he is arranging a few other events like Karting and rolling road that are being combined as mini meets. Will need to speak with him soon and see if he can arrange something at Legs & Co or Truffles:D

Trance, Doing good thanks. How's you?

Talizman, Doh! I never thought about them:rolleyes: Mind you,I've done business with Skidz before and can't fault them so that might make me feel a tad better for the extra pennies.

Finally, sorry it's taken me until today to reply guys. I put the post up before the footy and never got a chance to get on line till now....

Cheers
Techno

[Edited by Techno - 11/16/2003 7:01:34 PM]

JohnnyR6 16 November 2003 10:28 PM

Skidz will do a price match, I got 4 205/50/16's for £200 inc. fitting/bal. They also did 205/40/17 toyos for £75 each.

chrisyd 16 November 2003 11:17 PM

Techno

Back home til january, need to get a wee meet sorted out with the usual lads, maybe head out some sunday for pub lunch somewhere then organise a chrimbo night out in town.

Techno 17 November 2003 08:16 PM

Chrisyd,

That idea sounds like it's got potential... Any suggestions dates/times etc?

I read on one of the Edinburgh posts that some of them fancied coming to Glasgow for a night out, so we could perhaps combine something?

As for the old style meets, I stopped doing a post cos I simply didn't have the time to arrange them properly. Dougster does the arranging in this area now cos he's old and has the time to do it:D

Dougster, fancy taking this topic on board and sorting out a meet and/or a night in Glasgow for the troops??

Techno

trance 19 November 2003 04:30 PM

Nae doing too bad john boy. Been missing the meets obviously because of work and all. Just my donald duck they are on when i am offshore. Got christmas and new year off so happy with that. How's the P1??