ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Reactions to your scoob!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/270243-reactions-to-your-scoob.html)

easyrider 11 November 2003 12:18 AM

I have to say to start with,im not the sort of person to get a car for the fact that people will look at it,i get one that I like the look of,what it drives like ect.
I used to own a MY98 scoob, and i did notice that a few people would stop to look at it, but recently i just brought a WR blue 51 plate bugeye, with morretes,colour coded,wing ect(all the trimmings in other words).I cant believe the reaction it gets from people passing by-not just from kids, but from older folk also.
Im not talking about the usual "nice car mate" comments.Yesterday i was coming out of a shop to see 2 blokes on their 70's staring at it literally with their jaws dropped! Then earlier tonight as i was driving along i saw a bloke in his 30's hold his arms up (which at the time i thought he was waving to someone),as i looked in my rear mirror i saw him bowing to me(i dont look anything like Jesus B4 anyone asks;) )
Has anyone else had experiences like this?

easy

Katana 11 November 2003 03:22 AM

I keep getting 16 year old girls clumped around my car. I always offer them candy though..

K9VYN 11 November 2003 07:06 AM

all the time - was a little disconcerting at first, but is an every day thing now. mind you my car is quite stand out(ish).

the most amusing is when i'm cruisng to or from work on the M1 at about 65-70 and get people looking almost wondering why i'm not tearing up the outside lane.

Kev

Tone Loc 11 November 2003 08:15 AM

Easy to explain really, the MY98 used to get the odd look from people that know a little about cars. Just appreciating it really. Where as the bugeye gets more attention due its severe ugly looks ;) :D . People just can't believe it, the Fiat Multipla has nothing on the bugeye! The two old blokes were stood there with there jaws open because they were mid heart attack due to the shock of such an ugly car, the 30 year old was putting his arms up to cover his eyes. Thank god they only made it for 2 years.......

Tony ;) :D :)

Scoty 11 November 2003 08:26 AM

PMSL @ Tony :D

JackClark 11 November 2003 08:37 AM

Winning the Rally GB may have something to do with it. Owners of older shape cars get the same reaction when Kev wins the car park neon glow competition in Asda car park.

K9VYN 11 November 2003 08:42 AM

Jack,

it that some other Kev that you know?

JackClark 11 November 2003 08:55 AM

It's the other Kev :)

K9VYN 11 November 2003 08:57 AM

i've noticed there are quite a lot of 'Kev' Scooby owners.. hmmmm - waiting for the sarcastic jibes ;)

and no i don't have furry dice or a g/f called Tracy :D

vindaloo 11 November 2003 12:06 PM

Sunday 2pm-ish - huge grin and thumbs up from a 7-9 year old kid on a bike.

Vindaloo.

Neil W 11 November 2003 12:23 PM

I seem to get this alot more since I have modified the car!

Davey P 11 November 2003 12:55 PM

Two kids on bikes stopped by the side of the road when I drove past in my P1, there jaws just dropped.

Sweet :)

LIDDO 11 November 2003 01:02 PM

:( Not that many looks from my Wagon, but they love the sound of her ;o)

Maddy 11 November 2003 01:05 PM

Have had one guy in his MR2 as I over took him I could see in the rear mirror, bowing the we're not worthy which was quite amusing.

Alot of thumbs up reactions from people in general.

drove past a guy wearing a subaru cap once and he jumped up in the air waving his cap.

Kids seem to appriciate the car more than anyone, lots of thumbs up and cheers, nice car mate, and some kids started chanting sooobarooo once which was pretty funny.

Only one ever female reaction was when I drove past 3 young ladies they must of been 18'sh, unfortunatly had the wife with me in the passenger seat when one of the ladies shouted wow look at the size of his pipe.

:D

Maddy

ed_the_duck 11 November 2003 01:17 PM

Lovely cars to look at and drive etc.......but most women just aint got a clue!
Go out cruising in the scoob and you get loads of geezers admiring, wishing they had one. Cos it don't have a bmw badge women dont show much interest (womens logic - see a beemer badge and think £££ fat wallet) dont matter if you look like a bulldog thats been chasing parked cars!!
Kids seem to give it loads of attention cos its a video game car and they all know what it can do on screen and there i is in the flesh, as exciting for them as it is for a 3 year old meeting santa!

Ed
:D
(who sadly doesnt have on any more:()

yoza 11 November 2003 01:25 PM

Nice posts, but remember it attracts the attention of UNDESIRABLES too.

Usual comments:-

How fast does it go?
How much was it?
Nice car, my uncles got a 22B.:rolleyes:
Take me for a spin.
Do a burn out.:rolleyes:
Arent you a bit old for that.
Are you wearing that beard for a bet.
Do you always drive like that?

Later Yoza 01WRX

yoza 11 November 2003 01:30 PM

Oh......and the most common, "Mum look, its Hulk Hogan".[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Hanley 11 November 2003 02:07 PM

yoza

I would have said you look more like The Ultimate Warrior ;)

:D :D

akshay67 11 November 2003 02:13 PM

I ofen get a lot of looks when I lift off mid-boost in 2nd gear next to a crowded bus stop, set the dump valve off and an almighty bang from the decat exhaust. Oh the sight in the rear view mirror is priceless :D

gutter-rat 11 November 2003 02:25 PM

I had two girls film me in mine & then lift there tops up and flash at me last week !!!!
Must be my good looks. Lol!

SUBTYPER 13 November 2003 01:30 AM

Definitely say since fitting the 18" BK299s the car is getting more attention from desirable ladies and undesirable hooligans lol and like it has been said when you lift off and it whooshes and pops. People just turn round. Sometimes I wonder if they think T055er or jesus whats that. PErsonally dont care lol Its a cracking car and does pull the f4nny.

imprezza99uk 13 November 2003 03:11 AM

I remember once when i had my MY00 Sonic blue scoob i was at a Mcdonalds going through the drive thru getting a big mac and a drink, when i came to the window where you pay there was a fittish girl who said to me "nice car, do i get a spin in it later when ive finished work. It could be your`e lucky day as well" she said.

LoL @ my lucky day, yeh right i didn`t get a free Big mac! :)

She was a manager and in her 20`s before i get the cradle snatching gags! :)

easyrider 14 November 2003 08:27 PM

Some good ones then :)

BexTait 14 November 2003 08:46 PM

I'm gonna admit that I am one of the ppl that stares at passing/parked scooby's, cos i really want 1! The only down side is that I am an 18yr old student and therefore will not get insurance and can't afford the car in the first place due to debt (bloody student loan). Though if SWRT fancy giving me Tommi or Petter's car from last season, i am a willing recipient...

j_p_h 14 November 2003 09:11 PM

Use to get quite a few looks when i had mine but that was down to the exhaust being loud.

My new cossie though i've had 1 grown man bow, others thumbs up, people straining there necks out there car windows. Not sure if i like the extra attention the new cars brought though due to people who are light fingered.

easyrider 16 November 2003 11:08 AM

Now somthing really strange happened last night-I was parked up outside my local cinema waiting for my missus & daughter when 6 13/15 yr olds came up to the car saying what a nice car it is, which is fair enough,but then started to kiss it:eek:,so at 11pm i had to wash the car to get all the poxy bloody lip marks off it:eek:.

[Edited by easyrider - 11/16/2003 11:08:55 AM]