ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anyone else think Sky Rugby League 'commentator' Stevo is a Gobsh**e? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/269405-anyone-else-think-sky-rugby-league-commentator-stevo-is-a-gobsh-e.html)

super_si 11 September 2003 01:58 PM

Oh right because you were playing and ask adrian :rolleyes:

Thank you and goodnight :p

[Edited by super_si - 11/9/2003 1:59:02 PM]

Abbylad 08 November 2003 09:05 PM

I do after his pathetic performance commentating on the Great Britain Vs Australia test match on Sky Sports tonight.

He claimed Adrian Morley knew exactly what he was doing when he high tackled an aussie at the start of the match and was duly sent off. Now i have no problem with the sending off, it was an iffy tackle, but to have a commentator say things like it was intended and he did it on purpose is, in my eyes, absolutely disgusting. if i was Morley, i`d be on the blower to a solicitor about Stevo`s comments to see if anything could be done. But then, i hate Stevo with a passion so maybe my thinking is clouded a little.

I played Rugby League for about 12 years before getting sick of getting injured and packed in, and managed to pull off a few high tackles in that time, and not one of them was intended, it was just bad timing on my part. thats exactly what happened with Morley.......1st tackle in his 1st match for ages, opponent makes a step at last second and Morley cant react in time and belts opponent in the chops......bad timing! full stop!

What a w****r Stevo is!!!!!!!!!!!!

poondang 08 November 2003 09:39 PM

exacly

Terzo 333 08 November 2003 09:48 PM

Make your mind up as to whether you think Morley should have been sent off.

In one breath you say it was an "iffy" tackle and you have "no problem with him being sent off" and in the next you say it was "just bad timing" :confused:

IMHO he should have been sent off. When you run at someone at that speed with the intention of tackling, you HAVE to hit below the head. Anywhere above is just reckless and dangerous. You as a rugby player should appreciate that.

As for Stevo, he's saying it how he sees it. He's not there to make friends or be popular...

Matt

Abbylad 08 November 2003 09:56 PM

eh? when did i say he shouldn`t have been sent off?????????

by 'iffy tackle' i didn`t mean it was 50/50 as to whether it was bad or not, i just meant it was dodgy/bad/illegal - whatever you want to call it. Sorry i didn`t make it perfectly clear. :rolleyes:

When you go to make a 'ball and all' tackle and dont get it right you can sometimes make a high tackle - hence bad timing.

Abbylad 08 November 2003 10:01 PM

And when i said it was bad timing i didn`t say he should`ve been allowed to get away with it because of that did i???????? he made an arse of it and got punished.

Anyway, why does that gobsh!te have the right to say he did it on purpose?

Terzo 333 08 November 2003 10:32 PM

"eh? when did i say he shouldn`t have been sent off?????????"

Your last two sentences make it sound as if you are trying to condone the tackle. Sorry if that wasn't the case :rolleyes:

"When you go to make a 'ball and all' tackle and dont get it right you can sometimes make a high tackle - hence bad timing. "

You can also take a man's head off at the same time :rolleyes: If you attempt a decent tackle in the first place you should be no where near the opponents head. Bad timing or not.

stephen emery 08 November 2003 11:27 PM

steveo can't half drink.
I met him in Ireland after i had played in a RL Tournament. (moment of fame on sky). Stayed up all night drinking the black stuff. He paid for most as i was a student at time.

Agree he does go on a bit when on sky :)

Steve

Ps and yes abby it was 10 years ago when i was fit :) not fat :D

PPS Scarf was good though, Should have given him time to cool off. Harsh sending him off.

PPPS I never Scarfed anyone, just shoulder hight ;)

[Edited by stephen emery - 11/8/2003 11:34:02 PM]

PALATINE 09 November 2003 12:13 AM

Forget Stevo's coments tonight!
The bloke is a complete kunt and allways has been, He's rarely waqtching the same game as me(from what he's saying ) and come out with some af the daftest things!
ps eddie hemmings isn't much better
pps at least SKY TV stay with the game action, not like the BBC in the old days they were sh1te!
Just my 2p

Abbylad 09 November 2003 12:16 PM

Damn right brother! are you a warrington fan? heard some very interesting things about what the players have been known to get up to before a match, unfortunately i can`t put it in here or on e-mail etc. as i`d probably be in court by the end of the week!;)

Steve Em, wish Stevo had fooked his liver on the drink! would`ve kept him off the telly with a bit of luck :D

super_si 09 November 2003 12:55 PM

Straight arm he deserved to walk and i agree with stevo's comments.

scoobydooooo 09 November 2003 01:02 PM

morley gave the ref no choice the fukin idiot , spoiled our chance to win the game . still a magnificent effort by the lads.
the only thing that pisses me off about stevo is the ," go for the one pointer " , it's only the 2nd minute of the game you moron !!

Abbylad 09 November 2003 01:23 PM

Si - so you`re saying Morley intended to do it?

he fooked right up! but i don`t believe(sp?) for one second that he thought something like "i`m gonna take this fookers head off"

he makes big hits week in week out in ARL, he went for a big hit last night and made a bollox of it, but i just dont think it was planned. The gobsh!te implied on more than one occasion that it was a pre-meditated action, and i can`t agree with that. Only one person knows if it was planned or not, and i cant imagine he wanted to let himself and his country down by using the intentional serious foul play that the gobsh!te implied

hope that last bit makes sense :D coz i aint sure if it does

super_si 09 November 2003 01:28 PM

Yeah i am. 1st hit the game you wanna smash the ****er up good and show then who's boss.

He'll bin drugged up to the eye balls anyway, it was a straight arm you cant defend him

Abbylad 09 November 2003 01:30 PM

you should be a sky commentator. lol

super_si 09 November 2003 01:49 PM

Nope :) just dont spit the dummy when a decision goes against us and lose:)

Abbylad 09 November 2003 01:55 PM

well i`m gonna have to state that you`re talking bollox......sorry :D

"decision went against us" were you playing? :rolleyes:

The only thing i have a problem with is that gobsh!te proclaimed that Morley did it on purpose, if you would take the time to read the above again can you point out the part where i spat out my dummy out because we lost please? coz i cant see it :rolleyes:

Thank you and goodnight :p

Abbylad 09 November 2003 02:01 PM

nice edit. lol :D

Abbylad 09 November 2003 02:02 PM

who said i was playing? i didn`t :rolleyes:

stephen emery 09 November 2003 02:04 PM

Seeing the scarf again i think he shout have gone Abby :D

Think steveo was right on the money :D

steve

ps do you want me to bring a dummy to the sportsman as you have lost yours.

pps oops sorry Midlife is going to be there ;)

Abbylad 09 November 2003 02:24 PM

LOL Steve. Yeah i agree with the sending off, as i said in 1st post. i just don`t agree with what the gobsh!te said about it being pre-meditated.

better fetch 2 dummies, one each for me and midlife :D:D:D:D:D