ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   BP Ultimate (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/269257-bp-ultimate.html)

chrisc1 08 November 2003 12:15 PM

I know that the subject of BP Ultimate has been raised before but, having just used a tank, I have been most impressed. This is in an MY03 with 10,000 miles in which I have tried all the other "premium" fuels. It is possible that this was a coincidence with colder weather, when a performance hike can normally be expected, but the car definitely seemed to go significantly faster using the BP. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced similar change in performance.

*Sonic* 08 November 2003 01:20 PM

No increase in performance from me, A big increase in Knock Activity tho, so I will not be using again

skiddus_markus 08 November 2003 02:01 PM

I used it once in my GTiR.The same day that it detted and I lost compression in 2 cylinders.I'm not for one minute saying the 2 are linked though:rolleyes:,as I couldn't prove it.

what would scooby do 08 November 2003 02:28 PM

It's crap - it's not a performance fuel optimax..

Phil WRX 01 08 November 2003 04:04 PM

I finished using my 2nd tank of bp ultimate on thursday night and am now back to using optimax reason being that my01 wrx was not running that well . When accelorating hard the car would splutter a little and then smooth after that .Since filling up with optimax this problem has now gone .

chrisc1 08 November 2003 04:09 PM

Yes, it does occasionally stutter, but I occasionally get this with all other fuels anyway. Maybe it is just better with the MY03, which was specifically retuned from the MY01 to run on superunleaded as opposed to leaded.

THOMO 08 November 2003 04:16 PM

its not that good at all. back to optimax.i was told it was 100 ron. manager at the garage told me it was 97- 98.

C 08 November 2003 04:38 PM

It's crap - it's not a performance fuel optimax..
APMSL @ the thought of Optiturds being called a 'performance fuel' :D

mcscoobydoo 08 November 2003 07:21 PM

Jus bin to Kendal to sign my life away on new WRX. Pick up in a week or so. I have read quite a few posts on fuel so far and am still a little unsure on what is the "best" or what are the "best" fuels to use. optimax seems to be highly rated but are there others ?
I went on the Shell website to do search on garages in my area and the lakes that sell Optimax. They are few and far between This obviously means planning routes considering the fill ups based on the figures the regulars quote on consumption !!!

VinnyP! 08 November 2003 07:45 PM

I've always run on Optimax with booster. I also found more knock and coughing with ultimate. I won't be using it in the future.

Vince

RichiW 09 November 2003 01:06 AM

C, what do you recommend we run day in and day out then in our cars??

:)