ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   Auto Express have there EVO nicked!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/268433-auto-express-have-there-evo-nicked.html)

SirFozzalot 06 November 2003 08:15 AM

As mentioned in the title, Auto Express have had there yellow EvoVIII stolen :eek:

Our brand new Mitsubishi Evo VIII FQ-300 is missing. Where its bright yellow bodywork once sat in the street, there's now a huge gap. It's a serious shock, and I can't help pacing up and down the road, hoping there's been some mistake. The optimism doesn't last, though, and 10 minutes later I'm on the phone to the police, reporting the vehicle stolen... The fastest car Auto Express has ever had on its long-term fleet, registration 8CCC, has lasted a mere five days with us.

Six hours and three taxi rides later, I am still in a long queue in a police station waiting to give a statement. The cops are interested, but not hugely - until it emerges that I am the vehicle's keeper, not the owner. For a moment you can almost see the suspicion in the officer's eyes... Nothing is said directly, but the questioning seems to suggest the law is keen to eliminate me from their enquiries.

Paulo P 06 November 2003 09:22 AM

:eek: that didn't last long :( Makes you wonder how cars like that are still so easy to steal these days :(

richs2891 06 November 2003 09:38 AM

Most likely stolen to order and with the aid of a low loader / thing that council use to remove clamped / illegally parked cars.

Don't know about the security on an EVO but that's how I reckon it being stolen

Richard

STi wanna Subaru 06 November 2003 09:39 AM

Don't they come with a Tracker?

TopBanana 06 November 2003 11:09 AM

I saw this car on the M4 a couple of times. Presumed it was something to do with the late CCC magazine

Reffro 06 November 2003 11:43 AM

Colt Car Company........

TopBanana 06 November 2003 12:34 PM

Of course

Ballistic 06 November 2003 01:15 PM

Some scum bags tried to nik my Evo 7 twice, not from my drive, and on both attempts for some reason unsuccessfull.
It's a shame when a great car car like this unfortunately attracts the wrong kind of attention, so in the end I sold mine.
It's amazing how many you see with a damaged frame around the rear quarter-light where someone's prized in a screw-driver to shatter the glass.

MattW 06 November 2003 02:09 PM

8CCC is indeed from the Colt Car Company HQ in Cirencester, just 11 miles north of Swindon. Seen in round Swindon a lot when they first came out.

ADP 06 November 2003 04:41 PM

who wouldnt have a tracker on a car like that??? idiots

S.B. 06 November 2003 05:22 PM

They have got a few ccc plates

n one 06 November 2003 06:50 PM

I use to see this car every morning (v. early), parked at the side of the road, then one morning it wasn`t there, now I know why.

Dracoro 07 November 2003 10:51 AM

Well it's back in the car park this morning. Guess they must've recovered it.

SirFozzalot 07 November 2003 11:07 AM

According to the report Mitsubishi sent a replacement test car quite quickly.

Dracoro 07 November 2003 11:39 AM

With the same numberplate????

I only glanced at it (it was behind another car) and the number plate ended in CCC

SirFozzalot 07 November 2003 11:54 AM

Nearly! :D

The story could have ended there, but just as it looked like we had lost our long-termer for good, Mitsubishi swung into action. It delivered a near-identical Evo VIII (9,000 miles on the clock, registration 1CCC)
The original had 8CCC

Dracoro 07 November 2003 12:07 PM

a-ha!

GaryK 07 November 2003 03:26 PM

And of course if it was me or any of us on here that got our scoob nicked would subaru UK give us another? Would they fvck!!!! No we would be chasing the insurance for weeks to get our money, So WTF are these ar$eholes bleating about FFS!!!!!

SD 09 November 2003 12:24 PM

Gary,

I think the point is that it was Mitsubishi's own car which was nicked, and they loaned to to AutoExpress for a long term test. So of course they sent down a new one quick-sharp! It'll be Mitsubishi chasing the insurance company now!

Simon.

Scooby555 2 09 November 2003 07:46 PM

Well at least you get a tracker on a STi

:p to the dark side

Silver Knight 09 November 2003 10:37 PM

The yellow one is back at colt cars, just a little bit bent!!!!