ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Skiing Holidays - group - chalet ??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/268120-skiing-holidays-group-chalet.html)

JimmyRB5PRO 05 November 2003 12:39 PM

Used to go with the lads in old days now looking at a group of us approx 10 people, mostly couples.

Whos used what Companies before to get the best deals, possibly lookling at Crystal any more i should bne looking at ???

Who's been where and where is good value for £££ nowadays- only looking at one week, mixed expereince of skiing in group ??

Cheers......

RB5320 05 November 2003 12:44 PM

I have used www.skimorzine.com before and stayed at Chalet Morzine. Very comfortable, superb resort. You can ski all the way back to the chalet.

Steve

fitzscoob 05 November 2003 01:12 PM

heading to austria january 3 for a weeks skiing theres about 30 of us going now, £60 return flights, £30 a night (per room) 4 star hotel - cant remember who we are going with lol, if i can find out ill let you know

joni 05 November 2003 01:16 PM

Used Ski Beat last year in La Tania. Party of twelve. I was impressed.

Scooby96 05 November 2003 01:16 PM

I used ski horizon last year and never ever again. Got to the apartments a bit late and found an envelope on the desk, ok it didnt have my name on it buit I thought "hey hey havent left an envelope with my name on it so why not". Found the room and it was great, mountain view, sat tv, separate kitchen, lounge and 3 bedrooms - even though it was just me and my old man!

Got up the next day and had a grwat days skiing - returned to the room to find the owners of the apartment and the gendarme (?sp) going hammer and tongs in frog lingo, jesticulating madly (like most foreigners do). Threatened with imprisonment for 'breaking and entering'.

Then moved to a pokey 1.5 room apartment for the rest of the week!!!

Still good skiing though!

Howee 05 November 2003 01:39 PM

We've booked with Neilson Ski this year, 12 of us in a catered chalet. I usually go with a larger group through First Choice but the accomodation and standard has really dropped off in the last 3-4 years.

If you don't mind sorting your own travel out it's quite easy to book accomodation direct with the chosen resorts tourist information people. I've done that a few times and have no complaints. Plus if you drive you get the opportunity to stop off at some vineyards in the Beaune/Chambertain wine region ;)

Brit_in_Japan 05 November 2003 01:56 PM

Also used Ski Beat some years ago, special deal last minute. Not the cheapest but quality of accommodation and care was top notch.

Coopz 05 November 2003 02:02 PM

Yep another Ski Beat user - defo not the cheapest but the quality of food and accomodation makes it worth while. 12 of us booked for a chalet in Les Arcs in March, (if you use the Snow train you get an extra 2 days skiing !! ). About £550 for the week - includes food (and wine with your dinner), but not lunches.
Couldn't recomend them enough - they will try to accomodate your every need!

4X4BOB 05 November 2003 03:13 PM

rocketski / equity ski

rocketski.com

Bob