ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Remake of Texas Chainsaw (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/267690-remake-of-texas-chainsaw.html)

super_si 04 November 2003 12:43 PM

Is it any good? Off tonight to see it

Si

sexy wrx69 04 November 2003 01:02 PM

havent seen it but i heard that if you have seen the original you will be disappointed in this one (as it apparently isnt as gory and fcuked up as the original).
but if you havent seen the original, apparently its supposed to be a good horror.

dont know if this helps or not :D

super_si 04 November 2003 01:05 PM

Yeah the original scares the hell out of me. the only film to make me cringe!

saw the trailor for this one and i got goose bumps :D

Si

sexy wrx69 04 November 2003 02:00 PM

LOL...the originals very good...although I could have killed the lead girl in it for screaming constantly for about an hour of the film.

by the end i was willing leather face to kill her just to shut her up!!! :D

Ferne 04 November 2003 02:13 PM

Don't know the full story of this but one of the blokes involved moved over here and lived in Barton, Nth Lincs! He died last year but not before the police had raided his house 'cos of all the illegal weapons he had stashed. You just never know who you're living next door to!!!!

*Cino* 04 November 2003 02:27 PM

Me and second in management saw this, i really liked it, was a good horror movie, bit scary in parts though when the big burly leather face runs after em /cringe/ noway would i ever get away lol i'd have to stop every 2 mins to catch me breathe hahaha /zzz zzzzzz zzzzzzzzz goes the chainsaw/ HANG ON LEATHER LET ME CATCH ME BREATHE MAN FOR HEAVENS SAKE! :D:D

super_si 04 November 2003 02:37 PM

**** might by a small pop corn excuse to go buy more :D

Mark Miwurdz 04 November 2003 05:06 PM

Good flick but not a patch on 'Nightmares from a Damaged Brain' which was out on video around that time.

I honestly thought I was watching a snuff movie - un-bloody-believable.

Cheers
Kav

FASTER MIKE!! 04 November 2003 06:51 PM

have a look on here ;)

mark if you want to see something like a snuff film watch guinea pig 1 and 2:eek: now they are fecked up.

mike:)

paulr 04 November 2003 07:06 PM

Slightly off topic but isn't the notion of snuff movies an urban myth.
I'm sure i once read that there is an offer of $1 million for anyone who finds such a film.No-one has.

Mark Miwurdz 04 November 2003 07:16 PM

Yeah probably - it was just a mega-realistic film.

super_si 04 November 2003 07:28 PM

8mm was a scary film that was based around snuff wasnt it?

Si

FASTER MIKE!! 04 November 2003 07:43 PM

have a look on here about guinea pig. this is the film charlie sheen thought was a snuff film and handed it in to the FBI :eek:

mike

super_si 04 November 2003 10:30 PM

Pretty **** :)

Wasn't too impressed :)

*Cino* 05 November 2003 12:41 PM

Can i just say, around the time of the chainsaw movie (original) i think, was the time horror movies WERE actually using real people for the murder scenes, making it snuff. I'm not sure which horror movies they were, but apparently its true.