ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   New pads needed (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/267639-new-pads-needed.html)

Dazza01 04 November 2003 11:24 AM

ok, its time to look for new set of pads, my m8 set me a web site and it has the following graph on there.
So which would be best RED or GREEN and what price am i looking at ? or any of you chap's out there know of any other.
He gave me a couple of prices, so how do they compare with others?

EBC GreenStuff pads £54.89 part no. 21134 includes VAT
EBC RedStuff pads £67.89 part no. 31134 includes VAT

http://www.wallaceperformance.co.uk/...akes/graph.jpg

SlowBoy 04 November 2003 12:41 PM

Use the search facility. A little while back EBC gave free sets to guys on here in order to trial their new compounds (the old compounds were not rated very favourably at all by SN members). The thread will give you all the info you need. There were a few very comprehensive reviews written by guys on here.

Dazza01 04 November 2003 12:54 PM

cheer's m8 :D

cosmicchris00 04 November 2003 03:27 PM

Buy the standard MIntex pads they're fine (and about half the price). I've got them with my 4 pots and Black Diamond discs on an My99. Its like throwing an anchor over the side in 3 feet of water.

Fatman 04 November 2003 04:23 PM

I'm trialling the 'Reds' on my car currently. Highly recommended. Better stopping power than the Pagid 4.2.1's I had on the car previously.

specialx 04 November 2003 04:26 PM

I have tarox on the front Ebc green on the rears with both on 40 groove tarrox discs very good but you have to warm the tarrox up otherwise they can get you in the sh*T! It is always a tad imbarising having to dab on to get em up to temp when playing with another car!! hope this helps X
ps see you at the longeaton mini meet!!

Burble 04 November 2003 05:54 PM

What are the best pads for a little more retardation on standard disks MY'99 UK?

Cheers.

petes555 04 November 2003 09:50 PM

I have got EBC Red Stuff on the front of MY95 STi, it has got 98 4 pots fitted to it.
The brakes are very good when hot and cold and I dont get alot of brake dust over the wheels.

Pete

Brun 04 November 2003 11:00 PM

[thread hijack]
I've been trying to get some feedback myself on the all new EBC's and a grooved disk of some description:confused: I presently have 30k + out of my standard brakes, so any feedback with regard EBC padlife would be appreciated :)
[/thread hijack]:D

toplad! 04 November 2003 11:04 PM

Try mintex racing pads there the dogs danglies, got mine from scoobyclinic in chesterfield

Brun 04 November 2003 11:08 PM

Much brakedust?

johnfelstead 04 November 2003 11:16 PM

i have just put 3500 miles on a set of EBC Ceramic Reds on my trip to catalunya and back. I drove every stage of the rally and a hell of a lot more besides at a good pace *cough*.

I'll do a full report soon in the main thread, but for now the basics are, these pads work extremely well as a fast road pad, dust is much lower than mintex, ferodo etc. I had them smoking on a few ocasions due to severe use and never had any fade or change in feel. Wear seems to be very good too, i will get them out and measure up soon for the main report.

Bear in mind these are the new ceramic compound reds that are just going into production, i dont know how they compare to the current stock reds most companies will be selling right now.

Brun 04 November 2003 11:20 PM

Cheers John :D
Have you done any miles on the greens atall? Being a light brake user myself, i'm not sure if they would be a better option for me :confused:
Apologies to Dazza01 for a serious hijack <Brun -runs and hides:D>

johnfelstead 04 November 2003 11:25 PM

yes, read my comments in the main thread http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...223712&Page=14

Brun 04 November 2003 11:33 PM

I've been following that thread with interest - but how the hell i missed your comments on the greens - i do not know:rolleyes:
Thanks again :D

Dazza01 05 November 2003 01:19 AM

Brun,
No worries m8, just thought i'd get some feed back on which to buy looks like the "REDS" could be the choice, but what about the price ? does any one know if that can be beaten ?? :D

Dazza01 05 November 2003 01:19 PM

Ok guys, judging by my in box this morning this price could be good ??
Im not sure who or where the company is, the web addy he sent me may just have been to show the graph, my m8 apprantly uses them alot for his ST200 and knows them well so the price he gave me may be discounted and not be the price you get.

If this is a good price and ur intrested in a set then i will spk with my m8 and see if a group buy jobby could be done

Brun 05 November 2003 04:50 PM

I'd be up for a groupbuy as long as it was for the new inproved pads - but convincing others to go the EBC route might be difficult. :D