ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Dog Breath (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/267447-dog-breath.html)

Tim Bomford 11 March 2003 08:57 PM

I was going to suggest tooth decay or something like that. Get the vet to polish and scale them. Will cost a bit but hopefully will cure the problem.

You can get dog tooth paste and its normally quite strong smelling and antibacterial.

As suggested above the dog could be eating "its own wares" to put it politely;)

Tim

[Edited by Tim Bomford - 11/3/2003 8:58:21 PM]

J4CKO 03 November 2003 08:16 PM

Our Cocker Spaniel (Molly, 11 ish, blind for two years, stupid since birth, cute-ish sometimes, tolerable most of the time), has always ponged a bit but her breath has reached unbelieveable levels of vileness, it smells like a blend of Poo, Fish and Cheesy Wotsits, she can knock you out with one breath and even after getting some special shampoo from the vets and shampooing her mouth, her teeth arent rotten and there is no infection so whats causing it ?

I can smell it wherever shes been and the kitchen in the morning is evil, so tonight I got my old toothbrush and used normal toothpaste (Tescos own brand) on her, hey presto minty breath, is this ok to do, I mean I have been using it for 33 years (as of tommorow) so doing the Dogs teeth occasionally shouldnt do her any lasting damage should it ?

mwp 03 November 2003 08:52 PM

she's feasting on second hand kebabs ... you know the little ones ... about 3-4 inches long

:D

J4CKO 03 November 2003 09:23 PM

eating "its own wares"

PMSL !!!!

Dont think so, never seen her do that, she will roll in cow poo though, nasty.

As for de-scaling, could I use my angle grinder ?

Spoon 03 November 2003 09:25 PM

Probably too late now to get her interested but she should be chewing on a nice bone fairly often.

This will help to clean the teeth and her breath.

Buzzer 03 November 2003 09:34 PM

Spoon

I keep tellin the missus that but she won't take any notice :(

Perhaps i should make her feast on her own wares ;)

Corgi 03 November 2003 09:38 PM

Cow poo! ha, thats better than fox poo!....jeez it stinks!

Could try her on different food, i feed my mastiff on hills and there is no doggy smell at all.

Spoon 03 November 2003 09:38 PM

Buzzer- When I say that to your wife she seems more than pleased. ;)

chaos. 03 November 2003 09:41 PM

shes not been sucking your c*** again has she?:confused:

...that was terrible lol:D

mwp 03 November 2003 09:54 PM

LMFAO+PMSL @@ Buzzer :D

Buzzer 03 November 2003 09:58 PM

Only coz she knows she wont choke on yours Spoon ;)

mwp 03 November 2003 10:01 PM

.. but does she ever "look like an angry dragon".

:D :D :D :D

J4CKO 03 November 2003 10:10 PM

I love it when it goes off topic !

Redkop 03 November 2003 10:34 PM

She could have bad gums or decayed teeth or both. Get it checked out at the Vets

Tim Bomford 04 November 2003 10:16 AM

Our cocker is very sneaky when it comes to eatin $hit, one minute theres a nice fresh steamer...then its gone!

Tim

RichB 04 November 2003 10:55 AM

Are you sure there isn't a litter tray, under the empty fish tank, next to the box of cheesy wotsits in your utility room?

Alpine99 04 November 2003 11:32 AM

Spanials do seem to be bad for this.. The one round my mate's house absolutely honks and rolls in anything nasty... give it some polos, that's what we do when we go around!

J4CKO 04 November 2003 08:14 PM

RichB, spooky mate, spooky, have you ever been to our gaff ?