ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   Subaru Tuners - who do you trust? (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/264715-subaru-tuners-who-do-you-trust.html)

Dave_P 27 October 2003 06:26 PM

It seems ever subaru tuner you speak to has a different opinion on whats right and whats wrong. Anyone had good or bad experiences with the following:

1. Power Engineering
2. TSL Motorsport
3. Scoobymania
4. Roger Clark Motorsport
5. G-Force

If you were going for a big turbo/injector upgrade who would you trust with your car?

RB5SCOTT 27 October 2003 06:32 PM

Xtreme Scoobies :)

Puff The Magic Wagon! 27 October 2003 06:38 PM

Dave

You may be asking for too much as there are a wide range of owners on here and many have had good or bad experiences of the people that you listed. Some may be louder than others. Many people also have "agendas", so it might be better advised seeking council of people whom you know and trust?

So people posting on this thread, please keep it as subjective and factual as possible? Thanks.

Azz 27 October 2003 06:44 PM

g-force

welshy28 27 October 2003 06:45 PM

Scoobclinic, top bunch of guys.

welshy28 27 October 2003 06:47 PM

That should be scoobyclinic.

Scoty 27 October 2003 06:58 PM

Do it yourself m8!!!

Dave_P 27 October 2003 07:16 PM

Scoty - with my mechanic skills the turbo would probably fall off when the gaffer tape melts :)

Trout 27 October 2003 07:44 PM

Puff,

I bet you mean objective rather than subjective ;)

Subjective is the cause of many a religious war. Other than that I completely agree with everything you have said.

Rannoch :D

scooby-si 27 October 2003 08:04 PM

Azz
wot did u have done at g-force m8???

Nathan L 27 October 2003 10:22 PM

TSL Motorsport definitely get my vote.

Not the cheapest but I've never had a problem with their work.

Nathan..

midlife-crisis-scooby 27 October 2003 11:47 PM

*cough* Bob Rawle *cough*

midlife.....

RICH WILD 28 October 2003 09:44 AM

Here's an idea.

Instead of getting our ideas of which tuner to go for why not get our advice on what mods to go for and then go to whatever tuner you want and say "I want this this this and this".

That way you won't get them trying to sell you stuff just for the sake of it (not that they would of course) :) but you'll be getting the mods that YOU WANT.

I don't think I've EVER asked a tuner for advice. I've always asked individuals who have nothing to gain, coupled with doing my own research to make my own decisions. No matter how objective a tuner is there will I'm sure always be a tiny amount of bias in the advice they give you, which will favour the products they sell, as they obviously must think they are good or they wouldn't sell them. (flame suit on)

So if I make my own decisions, if I have something done that is crap, I only have myself to blame :D

Rich

alanjack 30 October 2003 06:22 PM

I have to agree Rich:)

You know most of my experiences and would use those alone to deter people from using the advice of a single "tuner".

Get as much info as you can about what each "tuner" offers you and over and above that, get info from people (guinea pigs in some cases) who have taken the advice from any "tuner" and get the feedback from them.

Every "tuner" will have pissed a fair few people off, and this alone makes people wary of them.

I personally wouldn't use a "tuner" and go the Rich Wild route;)

Andy Forrest, Jonny Gav, Harvey, Mark Aigin, Colin Minton, John Banks etc etc.... are people who have knowledge and know how. These are all people who will give you the best advice on your Scooby, not "tuners" who REALLY want to sell you a load of expensive toys for NOT a lot of gain. My own experiences can vouch for that as Rich knows.

LB4 30 October 2003 07:16 PM

Yep make your own decisions on what you want .. then go to Extreme Scoobies and have the work done :D

Gary

[Edited by LB4 - 10/30/2003 7:19:12 PM]

Kippax 30 October 2003 08:09 PM

DIY first, BR second.

MJN 555 31 October 2003 10:05 AM

Roger Clark Motorsport

Cheers

David_Wallis 01 November 2003 10:33 AM

on that list??

Mike at scoobymania everytime :D