ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Mobile (Mini) Gatso Got me? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/264383-mobile-mini-gatso-got-me.html)

99PPPDriver 26 October 2003 06:55 PM

I'm cruising (quite quick:eek:) down a nice straight road. 70MPH limit changes into 50MPH. Trouble is i'm not paying attention to road signs (concentrating on the road:(). You can guess the rest..... Saw the little white police van[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img].

Went back to check and yes a mobile Gatso was hidden away there.
One question really

I had 4 people withme at the time, all of which saw no flash! Seems strange. Do the cameras always flash? It had one attached (or looked like it did). Have I escaped? Due to speed limit drop i'd be (pleasantly) surprised if I did.

Peter (worried):(

AndyBrew 26 October 2003 07:01 PM

I don't think the laser ones do flash :( Sorry!

Best bet is a can of petrol and a box of swan vesta's ;) Stoopid comment I know and I was only joking ...... i wish!

99PPPDriver 26 October 2003 07:09 PM

It was (as far as I can tell after a look at some web sites) a mobile "mini Gatso" which I think is Radar and definately has a camera and flash.

I guess the question is if it's taken my photo (as there was nobody about to take my number down) then would it always flash? I'd have thought it would like all the other fcukin Gatsos[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]! Or am I clutching at straws?:(

Peter:(

99PPPDriver 26 October 2003 09:19 PM

Anyone???

Nevetas 27 October 2003 10:03 AM

Just wait and see is the only REAL answer...

ajm 27 October 2003 10:04 AM

How fast do you think you were going, and was the camera in the 50mph zone?

You never know... he may have been setting up or preparing to leave? Don't lose hope till the brown envelope comes through the door!

Scooby96 27 October 2003 10:21 AM

If it was broad daylight there would be no need for the flash surely???

Tommy 2000 27 October 2003 10:41 AM

AFAIK fixed Gatsos always flash, even in broad daylight. Are mini Gatsos the same?

I guess Pete's real question is has anybody been done by a mini Gatso that hasn't flashed??

Fingers crossed! :)

Tom

99PPPDriver 27 October 2003 10:53 AM

I was going quite a bit over the 50 limit (as was still at national limit fast:eek: cruise speed), but in my defence it was a clear day, dual carriageway, etc. No idea why it is suddenly 50MPH limit:(. Yes when we went back there were clear 50 signs etc, but it wasn't a built up area, no houses or schools etc.

I have heard of the mobile Gatso's that always flash during the day. It looked like it had a flash. Why would it not go off? Fingers crossed...

IanW 27 October 2003 11:41 AM

More likely it was an LTI 20.20 using Lastec Video.

http://www.teletrafficuk.com/images/...ew2_lastec.jpg

This does not flash, and can distunguish between traffic going towards and away from it.

Tommy 2000 27 October 2003 01:18 PM

I am sure it wasn't one of those, from what I've seen on the net it was defo a mini gatso...

99PPPDriver 27 October 2003 02:12 PM

Here is the straw clutching argument.:(

If it was a Mini Gatso (as I firmly believe), and it didn't flash, have I escaped?

Can anybody comment on that? I'm happy to agree if it was a different type of camera then i'm scr*wed. BUT maybe if as above...

Tommy 2000 27 October 2003 02:37 PM

One other question though...do mini gatsos need calibration lines on the road in order to operate? All fixed gatsos I have seen have lines on the road, but this one didn't??

99PPPDriver 27 October 2003 04:06 PM

BTTT anyone???

Big Goon 27 October 2003 05:27 PM

The Dorset mini gatso's look like small subwoofers sat on a tripod with 2 infared flashers in front.

A guy at work was nicked on one and yes it did flash, I think the infared bit is for darkness/poor weather conditions etc.

And they are usually accompaied by plod somewhere in the vacinity as I found out when I got out of the car to have a 'word' with one and saw it's operator around the corner glaring at me. :(

99PPPDriver 27 October 2003 06:55 PM

Anymore info?

Sounds like nobody's been done without a flash on one of these feckin mini gatsos[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]....

Just maybe....

99PPPDriver 28 October 2003 07:29 AM

BTTT

M14YEN 28 October 2003 01:10 PM

you really havent learnt from your scare the other week have you!!!

get spending some money on some gizzmos to help avoid this happening again.

Mark

[Edited by M14YEN - 10/28/2003 1:10:42 PM]

MarkCSC 28 October 2003 03:29 PM

Mini gatsos do flash and I have three points to prove it! You might be safe. Fingerscrossed

Mark

99PPPDriver 28 October 2003 04:29 PM

M14LAYEN,
Cheers for the support mate:(. Yes I am looking at detectors / GPS systems at present. Origin B2 group buy maybe.... BUT even then the radar module is not out yet:( so it'd be no use for these cameras:(.

Mark C
Thanks for the info:) and bad luck with the point[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Peter

M14YEN 28 October 2003 04:54 PM

any time mate, see you on thursday.

origin b2 for christmas for me i think.
then treat myself to the radar upgrade for my birthday
then the laser diffuser aswell.

god i need a new job

Mark

Phil 28 October 2003 05:06 PM

It doesn't need to flash but usually does for a PROPER mobile Gatso as described above. We had one out side my mums house last week and watched

The laser device that is pictured DOES NOT FLASH

Try the Road Pilot it will keep you safe

Phil 28 October 2003 05:07 PM

Adding to that

Essex police turn Mobile Gatso NIP's round in less than 14 days as several people at the office have discovered after a recent Mobile Gatso in Wickford

Phil 28 October 2003 05:09 PM

Finally

The Mobile Gatso's don't need the lines in the road

in fact the Static Ones don't either

Barney 6 28 October 2003 07:12 PM

Fingers crossed Pete! :)

Barney

99PPPDriver 28 October 2003 07:22 PM

Cheers Barney.

Peterhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-003.gif