ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   how safe are your wheels? (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/262768-how-safe-are-your-wheels.html)

scooby-k 21 October 2003 06:37 PM

my boss went to cinema last night came out all 4 wheels gone.
cctv showed it took them 10 mins to get wheels off.
it was an ST170 with locking wheel nuts.
makes me wonder how good are our locking wheel nuts are

scooby_si 21 October 2003 08:59 PM

Ken r u trying to scare us mondeo owners :D lol
Si

scooby_si 21 October 2003 09:00 PM

not really lol thou :(
F3k3rs [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Si

scooby-k 22 October 2003 06:36 AM

just made me wonder if the subaru ones need upgrading and if so what with

ZIPPY 22 October 2003 02:41 PM

There are only 16 combinations to the locking wheel nuts on Ford cars(according to Fords parts department), a member on here had his company car ST170 wheels nicked within a week of owning it.
When he went to Fords they told not to use their locking nuts as the thieves can get the master key for £10 which does them all.
They recommended he used Mcgaurd locking nuts.

10 minutes,they must have had a tea break thrown in.Come to Manchester and they can strip the car in that time.

Zippy

wannaB4 22 October 2003 10:39 PM

The Ferrari Formula 1 Team fired their entire pit crew yesterday.

The announcement followed Ferrari's decision to take advantage of the British governments 'Work for the Dole' scheme and employ unemployable scousers.

The decision to hire them was brought on by a recent documentary on how unemployed Liverpool youths were able to remove a set of wheels in less than 6 seconds without proper equipment, whereas Ferrari's existing crew can only do it in 8 seconds with millions of pounds worth of high tech gear.

This was thought to be an excellent, yet bold move, by Ferrari Management. As most races are won and lost in the pits, Ferrari would have an advantage over every team.

However, Ferrari got more than they bargained for at the crew's first practice session, not only were the Scousers Pit Crew able to change the tyres in under 6 seconds but within 12 seconds they had re-sprayed and rebadged and sold the vehicle over to the MacLaren Team for four bottles of Stella, a gram of speed and a photo of Coulthard's bird in the shower.

No offence to any Liverpudlians

Buy 4/5 different sets of locking nuts, should make it a bit harder

[Edited by wannaB4 - 10/22/2003 10:41:10 PM]

ZIPPY 23 October 2003 08:26 AM

Class, i like that one,its good we scousers can laugh at them jokes.

Zippy

PhilA 25 October 2003 06:02 PM

Locking wheel nuts aren't as good as people think. How many people have had trouble with rusty locking wheel nuts? To remove them all you do is hammer on a socket and off it comes. Takes no time at all.