ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Grey Hair, argghhhhh (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/262346-grey-hair-argghhhhh.html)

Daz34 11 February 2003 11:40 PM

Rather be grey than bald or ginger ;)

[Edited by Daz34 - 11/2/2003 11:41:07 PM]

Steaming Wizard 11 March 2003 12:28 PM

They are like bloody squirells, a couple of greys get in and then place is overun with the buggers
Good job they ain't red squirrells then!

[Edited by Steaming Wizard - 11/3/2003 12:29:25 PM]

J4CKO 20 October 2003 06:10 PM

I am 33 soon with a full head of hair which I suppose could be considered an acheivement, however when I was about 28 I saw one grey hair and have had the odd one ever since, today I have noticed a few more, im not ready to go grey. They are like bloody squirells, a couple of greys get in and then place is overun with the buggers

Any suggestions ?

Grow old 'gray'cefully and get on with it

Revert to chemicals such as 'Just for men', this is acceptable apart from the fact a guy at work uses it, he goes a bit grey and then appears looking like he shampoos with engine oil from a black cab and when it rains he occasionally gets black streaks !

Wazz the lot off and grow a goatee, not an option really, I know its the tradition on Scoobynet but I dont fancy a beard and due to Chicken Pox as a kid I suspect that my scalp looks like the surface of the moon, plus my ears are too big to carry that off, I would look like Saint Pauls Cathedral with two damamged Satellite dishes hanging off the side.

Come on, lets have some admissions of guilt on the chemical front then.

Scooby_Loo 20 October 2003 06:18 PM

I dye my hair all the time :p (actually very surprised it hasn't fallen out yet!)

appears looking like he shampoos with engine oil from a black cab
If you used a toner/semi permanent dye one shade lighter than your natural hair colour it should darken the grey bits, but not look like the above. It will look like you naturally have highlights. Watch the wimmins dye ads, it explains it better on them :D

DJ Dunk 20 October 2003 06:40 PM

I'm 30 and have loads of grey/white hairs . . on my head that is.

GF keeps pestering me to dye it, but I quite like it :) So long, as it doesn't start falling out :D

Brendan Hughes 20 October 2003 06:46 PM

Wifey liked plucking mine out individually, except I now have over a hundred.

I asked her if she preferred me grey or bald.

"Grey, of course!"

Well stop plucking them all out then, you dozy bint.

Bravo2zero_sps 20 October 2003 06:51 PM

I've got this at the age of 30 and its p!ssed me off, keep my hair short at a grade 2 but it still shows. More worrying is the fact that the hair on my crown of my head seems to be a lot thinner than the rest, I do not want a friar tuck bald patch running down the middle of my head :eek:

Glad i'm not the only one though :D

weapon69 20 October 2003 06:57 PM

LOL Hahahaha

:D

mista weava 20 October 2003 07:15 PM

25 and discovered two or three the other day :rolleyes: :eek:!

Weava

mista weava 20 October 2003 07:17 PM

also, plucking leads to more :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

scoobydooooo 20 October 2003 07:17 PM

Revert to chemicals such as 'Just for men'
no no no no, please don't , it stands out a mile , it's almost as bad as a syrup . at 37 myself i've just had to bite the bullet , accepting slapheadedness and cut it to grade 1 , the shortest iv'e had it for as long as i can remember , bite the bullet and accept the fact that you are a badger !!

mj 20 October 2003 07:28 PM

You want to count your blessings that you have got hair to go grey with :rolleyes: - I know a couple of lads that are younger than you and they are both full on slapheads, they started losing it in their early 20's.

Personally I wouldn't dye it,or turn it into a hairstyle that you don't really want because of a few grey hairs.

POC 20 October 2003 07:33 PM

due to Chicken Pox as a kid I suspect that my scalp looks like the surface of the moon, plus my ears are too big to carry that off, I would look like Saint Pauls Cathedral with two damamged Satellite dishes hanging off the side.
LMFAO!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Shave it all off, someone said to me once that it'll be the last hairstyle I will ever have, I rekon they were right :) Long grade 0 for me :D

paulr 20 October 2003 08:01 PM

I started getting a few grey hairs about 3 years ago.At first i hated it but since then a few things have happenned.

1.The rate of turning grey has really slowed down in the last year and now i can hardly see any.Just a few behind the ears,none on top.
2.Now i dont care anyway,so maybe i dont notice so much.Also the guys at work have stopped mentioning it.
3.I've started using hair gel which darkens it anyway......makes a lot of difference if you have brown hair.
4.Probably complete bolI0cks but i've started eating loads of carrots recently and apparently this contains something that gives your hair colour.Like i said,probably rubbish but who knows.

Basically mate,i'd just accept it,hasnt done George Clooney any harm.

BTW.two examples of how NOT to dye your hair.

Phillip Schofield and Paul Mcartney.

Finally my dad is 68 and only started going grey about 6 years ago......lucky s0d.

[Edited by paulr - 11/3/2003 9:03:22 AM]

STi VII 20 October 2003 09:41 PM

I have found that the female of the species likes me with grey hair well really white hair as that is what my B!tch of an ex wife left me with, but hey ho now I have the choice of ladies from over 2 decades to choose from ;) :D

J4CKO 20 October 2003 10:57 PM

Enjoyed your replies but the jury is still out !

bloke 20 October 2003 11:38 PM

I'm in my late 30's and got a few grey hairs...g/f says it's not fair cos men look distinguished but women just look old...found my first grey hair on my chest and was going to pull it out but she said it was sexy...women eh :confused: :D :p lol

[Edited by bloke - 10/20/2003 11:39:45 PM]

Marky-San 20 October 2003 11:48 PM

J4cko mate - Im 32, 33 next month and noticed some stragglers when i was 28 as well. I would like to dye them, but bird says I look intelligent with some grey at the sidies and the odd escapees all over. Dont know if shes insulting me or not - I dont really mind it to be honest. A friend told me that once you start dying it, then its a constant fight as the root show and thats not nice looking seemingly?

Weird. never thought I'd grow old.

Edited as since I'm going grey, I also am going senile and cant spell (or is that a teenager thing LOL!!).

[Edited by Marky-San - 10/20/2003 11:49:29 PM]

lpski1 21 October 2003 08:00 AM

your lucky you have some grey hairs. Due to the friar tuck style taking over my head, have shaved it bald since i was 21, 29 now. !! ho hum. I dont think it helped when i bleached it blonde once ! Now i cant stand it with over a days growth on my head, makes me feel like a hippy. :D just gets a bit cold in the winter, nothing a nice hat wont fix. Of which, said hat was worn this morning first time this year. :o

[Edited by lpski1 - 10/21/2003 8:01:10 AM]

Paul_M 02 November 2003 11:35 PM

Just dye it all blonde! I've got really dark hair (no grey either thanks, i'm 24) and a few months back got it done totally blonde. Looks the business and it's even better when it grows out leaving half blonde half dark :D

OK maybe thats a bit extreme for some of yous but I like my hair looking pretty rediculous! All the blonde has finally gone after I got it cut last week so maybe it's time to book another appointment with the peroxide ;)

civictyper 03 November 2003 09:40 AM

Agree with the bleach too. Pretty trendy these days and will hide the grey.

Alternatively keep it real and let the grey grow.

Just for men is far too cheesemongus for words even if it does work.

Dracoro 03 November 2003 10:23 AM

Just let nature take its course and call your look 'distinguished' ;)

Leslie 03 November 2003 11:59 AM

Dracoro is right, it just is not worth worrying about!

Les :)

Bajie 03 November 2003 12:09 PM

I'm grey and thinning on top.
MacIII Turbo sorted it out for me.
Otherwise I'd look like Uncle Remus in a few years time :):D
Funnily enough, I always said I would cut all my hair off if I started to go bald but I never contemplated the grey. Bit shocking when it came along even though my dad was grey. He used to dye his hair. Going from grey to jet black looked quite strange then ...

Charlie WRXSTI 03 November 2003 12:37 PM

Leave the grey, never did Richard Gere any harm :D

Spoon 03 November 2003 12:49 PM

Jacko- I have a patch either side of my head just in front of my ears, no-where else just there.

My g/f loves it and would rather I keep it.

I think it looks good too but I have tried "Just for Men" once to see how different I'd look.

I did look younger and the colour match was fabulous, you couldn't tell at all that it had been dyed.

The choice is yours, pick the right dye and it will last 6 weeks or leave it and go grey gracefully.

Paul_M 06 November 2003 06:48 PM

MacIII Turbo sorted it out for me
How much boost was it running and how long to do the quarter-inch? :D :p