ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Misty windscreen? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/260783-misty-windscreen.html)

Paul Woodward 16 October 2003 10:07 AM

Does anyone else suffer from that irritating misty haze on the inside of the windscreen? I don't just mean on cold mornings, it's particularly noticable in bright sunlight and I've never really noticed it on previous cars. Is there a fantastic cleaning product out there that I can use to get rid of it?

Andy486 16 October 2003 10:17 AM

Autoglym glass polish is pretty good.

IN THE STICKS 16 October 2003 10:18 AM

Damp chamois every few weeks , or when washing the car .

quicksprint 16 October 2003 09:55 PM

I get the same with mine...............i just clean the glass every week.
Do you have A/C as a matter of interest? as my brother's new Golf suffers from the same problem.

steve.

Boro 16 October 2003 10:10 PM

If its the A/C condensation on the windscreen its usually a blocked drain pipe. Quick fix is to shove a straightened metal coat hanger up the pipe. It then allows the moisture to drain away instead of condensing back up the pipe and back into the car.

quicksprint 16 October 2003 10:20 PM

My drain is clear.......(air-con is part of my job so it was the first thing to check).
It is not a damp mist on the screen but a dry haze.

steve.

chiark 16 October 2003 10:20 PM

You've not got the recirculation lever pushed across have you?

Ex_Pug 16 October 2003 10:22 PM

I suffer from this alot in my MY03. I have to wipe it down inside pretty often. It makes it mist up alot easier as well.

ianfergus0n 16 October 2003 11:57 PM

recirculation lever..... that did it for me :)

MadMark 19 October 2003 11:34 AM

Without a pollen filter you do seem to get a lot of dust in the car, and it may just be the water droplets condensing on the dust?

dr_ming 19 October 2003 09:43 PM

I had this problem from new. There seemed to be some kind of waxy substance on the inside and outside of the glass. Cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol and then domestic glass cleaner. Problem has now gone away.

[Edited by dr_ming - 10/19/2003 9:45:00 PM]

FLAT ERIC 19 October 2003 10:29 PM

You will find that on newer cars this is caused,in part, by the plastics used in the interior.

As they "age" they give off various vapours/residues,which condense on the glass.The heater re-evaporates the moisture content but leaves behind the residue.

You get some haze from nicotine in a smokers car as well.Also your breath & that of your passengers has fats & greases in it that over a perod of time deposit on your glass.

Most can be shifted with cream type glass cleaner,or the liquid ones but with more effort.

Pete The Biker 19 October 2003 10:33 PM

I use Mr Muscle glass cleaner..........