ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   How do you motivate yourself to go to the gym? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/260456-how-do-you-motivate-yourself-to-go-to-the-gym.html)

Scooby_Loo 15 October 2003 12:56 PM

As above.

Paying through the nose for a gym I hardly ever use. Would like to go to get bck to my usual size 10 :D but that just doesn't seem motivation enough!

What about you?

NACRO 15 October 2003 12:58 PM

Well at first I just used to look down at my gut and the motivation was clear. Now I actually get off on the exercise so I actually look forward to it. Plus if I slacken off my fitness regime I tend to get my ass kicked when sparring.

scoobydooooo 15 October 2003 01:00 PM

yep beer gut , have to fight it off so i can drink more beer :)

imlach 15 October 2003 01:02 PM

Scooby-loo - did you go to Firrhill?

Scooby_Loo 15 October 2003 01:03 PM

For three days or something silly like that. I went to Boroughmuir :D

How? Did you go? :)

imlach 15 October 2003 01:04 PM

For 2 years, then moved to another school up the road (red blazers - cough!).

LG John 15 October 2003 01:04 PM

She went to Boroughmuir (sp?) <spit!> ;)

Getting motivated to go to the gym can be tough. I think you just have to focus on what you want to achieve. I usually tell myself that there will be some nice girls there ;):D

LG John 15 October 2003 01:05 PM

I put in a 6 year shift at the place :rolleyes:

astraboy 15 October 2003 01:07 PM

Jack in the gym and get yourself to a rave. The most I've ever lost in one night is just shy of two stone in weight.
It also has the advantage of allowing me to eat whatever I like during the week, cos I burn it all off at the weekend.
*opens another packet of Haribo Tangfest.*
astraboy.

imlach 15 October 2003 01:08 PM

What era are you from Scooby-loo? 60s? 70s? 80s? 90s? 00s?

I am 1988 vintage when I left skool in 6th year....

Scooby_Loo 15 October 2003 01:13 PM

My mum was going to send me to the school with the red blazers to do my highers! (cough-cough)

I'm beginning to panic cos Im a bridesmaid at my sisters wedding and I have just seent the dress she wants me to wear :eek:

Jesus Imlach, I left school in fourth year 11 years later!

Astraboy, I go to a club in sheffield now and again called niche. It's not what I would call a rave (mostly speed garage & house) but it's open from 12 midnight till 12 noon. Excellent, dance all night and all morning then home to sleep all afternoon :D

Kenny,

What gym are you a member at? Commonwealth pool??? :D

SiPie 15 October 2003 01:14 PM

I put in a 6 year shift at the place
Didn't do you much good then ... ;):p

yoza 15 October 2003 01:15 PM

Motivation,

Get yourself a training partner or two, if you dont feel like going for whatever reason, they will drag you there, screeming, and kicking.

We all know how you can get bored of it, and we all need a break.

I have 3 months off each year, to let my body have a rest. After my layoff all I need for motivation is to look in the mirror, its amazing what form you can lose in three months, roll on 1st Novermber.

Later Yoza(the bloater)

imlach 15 October 2003 01:19 PM

Hmm..firrhilliers from that era....

Colin Oulton?
Andrew Chambers?

civictyper 15 October 2003 01:31 PM

Scooby_Loo

Personally I find that 'gym' and 'motivation' don't go well together hence I play footie to get that Beckham-esque figure ;)

Maybe it would be worth ditching the membership and finding a sport that you enjoy (if you don't already have one). I find team stuff more satisfying than going solo as you at least get some interaction.

imlach 15 October 2003 01:38 PM

Scooby-loo - HAHAHA - that means you weren't even in Primary1 when I was in 6th year!!!!!

Eeek ma boab!

CEL 15 October 2003 01:40 PM

Does this mean we are going tonight then Scooby_Loo?

How long is it since we last went? :rolleyes:

CEL 15 October 2003 01:41 PM

Seems i need motivating too dont it :rolleyes: otherwise i would have gone on my own :D

Scooby_Loo 15 October 2003 01:47 PM

civictyper,

good idea, although I am tied into the contract till February :(

I used to dance a lot, I'm thinking of taking it back up again. I am also qualified to coach 5 a-side football believe it or not! I wouldn't mind playing again, it's just trying to find a local club and fitting it with my college work, with the gym I can choose the days I want to go. Same goes with rugby. :D

Yoza, I do have a gym partner. But whenever he suggests going I always manage to find a good excuse to get myself out of it. :rolleyes:

Fcuking hell I have turned into a right lazy b1tch since moving down here and all those sodding pork sandwiches! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

imlach, don't know those peeps sorry. kenny might though, he seems to know all the neds, I'm beginning to wonder if he is one! :p

Scooby_Loo 15 October 2003 01:49 PM

Right then Chris, you won't go on your own!

Errrr last time I was there wassssssssss, errrrrrr May I think or possibly June :rolleyes:

I know what I need, a cash insentive! :D

SJ_Skyline 15 October 2003 01:53 PM

Get into a routine of days to go that you really will go on.

Mix your workout with classes such as spinning or swimming for a change.

I eat lunch, go in the evenings and don't eat until I get home - plenty motivation there ;)

Use a gym where it is enjoyable to go - mine has sky sports on 42" plasma screens so I can spend 45 mins on a cross trainer watching the footy on a Sunday afternoon...... and 45 mins in the bar watching the 2nd half ;) Damn sight healthier than going to the pub though!

Alternatively resign yourself to the fact that you just can't be ar$ed! ;)

CEL 15 October 2003 01:59 PM

Alternatively resign yourself to the fact that you just can't be ar$ed!
LOL, this one looks favourite to me :D

Scooby_Loo 15 October 2003 02:01 PM

Right, I have decided.

I'm going to phone up NOW and see what classes are on! Then, if i fancy any, book myself in! :D

CEL 15 October 2003 02:02 PM

Cash incentive ? hmmm, does this have anything to do with me buying a new spoiler? ;)

HumptyDumpty 15 October 2003 02:12 PM

if the only way you can see your cock is in the mirror go to the gym

Scooby_Loo 15 October 2003 02:13 PM

No. Not at all Christopher.

I'm booked in for a step class tonight at 7. Chances are I keel over and have a heart attack!

Scooby_Loo 15 October 2003 02:14 PM

Humpty, I don't have a c@ck.

LG John 15 October 2003 02:20 PM

I go to the David Lloyd over by Maybury :)

HumptyDumpty 15 October 2003 02:20 PM

Scooblo, if you hold a pen under your tit and it stays there it means you need to go the gym, if it falls on the floor you don't

simple :D

Scooby_Loo 15 October 2003 02:29 PM

Kenny,

My sister's dad goes there! I'm an Esporta boff myself :)

Humty.

I don't have to put a pen there. I know for a fact that it WON'T stay. I take it you have conducted this experiment many times yourself. Each time your man b@@bs and belly over come the laws of gravity. Of course. :D