ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   service interval change to 12m/10k (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/260396-service-interval-change-to-12m-10k.html)

Owen S 15 October 2003 10:36 AM

I found something on this a while ago, but now I can't find it again! (apologies).

When officially did the service intervals change to 12m/10k? Was it when the bugeye came out or did it apply to classics?
If it applied to classics did anything change mechanically or was it a 'marketing ploy'? If the latter, could pre-change cars be serviced at 12m/10k? (warranty not a problem)

cheers, Owen.

jmk 15 October 2003 01:04 PM

Mate has an imported EY bugeye and it's at 7.5k but the UK ones were 10k. Read from that what you will but reckon it was a marketing ploy to 'encourage' people not to import.

rotty 15 October 2003 01:55 PM

The change was applied retrospectively , I have a 01 WRX ( uk ) that when supplied had 7.5k service intervals but this was changed to 10k

Owen S 15 October 2003 03:24 PM

thanks

Anyone else know how far back the retrospective change went?
Just to bugeyes or classics as well.

cheers, Owen

Tez_H 15 October 2003 04:56 PM

i have a MY01 uk spec WRX and its 7.5k miles / 6 months

not heard anything about 10k....
am i being robbed? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
though it is a european import... sevice books in french! :(
so maybe thats why!!

gareth 15 October 2003 11:15 PM

Came in from MY01 onwards as a UK-only initiative, probably driven by poor bugeye sales.

The original service book with my MY01 had 7.5K intervals then after a letter from the dealer the first service was not until 10K. At that point they replaced the service book with one that had the new 10K intervals.

If your dealer is pulling your MY01 in every 7.5K you're getting ripped off :(

Tez_H 16 October 2003 08:37 AM

well part of me prefers more regular services, so its looked after better... :)

another part of me is p*ssed off :( at probably getting ripped off!
will have a word at the next service!

Boss Hogg 16 October 2003 09:49 AM

Tez- before you give your dealer grief the 10k service only applies to UK supplied cars - EU imports still retain the 7.5k service schedule.

Tez_H 16 October 2003 09:55 AM

cheers
i wasnt gonna get p*ssed with them ;) (well not much)
just ask what there opinion is...

ive only had it two months but was told european imports are treated the same as the UK supplied one... :confused:

i think this double standards is a bit out of order... just cuz it was imported from France
if it wasnt for the warranty i would go else where... :(
...though genuine dealer servicing may be worth something when i sell it on :)

Owen S 21 October 2003 01:47 PM

The reply from IM is that the uk intervals changed to 12m/10k for the Turbo when the bugeye wrx was launched, however a number were sold before the new service books were ready, hence the retrospective change of docs.
Owen.