ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   mines ecu (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/254894-mines-ecu.html)

debbie 27 September 2003 08:00 PM

help i've recently bought a ecu with a mines chip in it, its a 2c ecu and its fitted to a 94wrx with full decat,k+n. when giving it full throttle it boosts up to 20 psi but splutters like mad around 4500 rpm, if i only give it 3/4 throttle its fine, its fine boosting upto 15psi but if i give it full throttle it splutters like mad.

caz1562 27 September 2003 08:57 PM

Hi Debbie,

If I were I'd get something done with the ECU fitted with the MINES chip. These chips are OK in Japan but over here its a tad dodgy. I'm speaking from experience, when 4 weeks ago my 95 WRX engine blew up (fitted with a MINES ECU). They're setup for 100RON and can be seriously putting your car at risk (overboosting, fuel cut, detonation). Get a boost gauge, AFR meter & knocklink fitted ASAP to monitor the amount of det you may be experiencing. Sorry to scare the sh!te out of you but after a £3k saving in a new engine I'm sure you'd thank me before its too late.

Have a look for info on here about a SCOOBYECU. Scott Taylor would give you more info.

jonny gav 27 September 2003 09:32 PM

agree with caz, i wouldn't use the mines!!!

friend of mine lost his engine to a mines ECU, it was running far too much ignition advance and the boost was far too high aswell.

sure it was fast........until it blew!!!!

caz1562 27 September 2003 10:22 PM

My car was damn quick for 30 months until it went BANG too :(

Scott.T 27 September 2003 10:55 PM

20psi is far to high of you are running a stock engine. Infsct the standard map sensor can't even read 20psi, as it tops out and goes un-linear above 17.5psi.

the stutter you are getting at 4500 is fuel-cut due to the un-linear reading from the map sensor.

I would only set a WRX with a 2C ECU to 15.5psi (standard is 11.47psi).

Mail me if you want more info....

THE DEVIANT 28 September 2003 10:22 PM

More bad news i'm afraid, my engine lasted weeks in the uk with a mines ecu. Running a standard one now! Can these not be remapped over here? At the time I didn't care as I didn't pay for a replacement engine.

Scott.T 28 September 2003 10:35 PM

Deviant, yes they can.
Mail me....

THE DEVIANT 28 September 2003 10:44 PM

Sorry scott, This happened nearly a year ago - I told the garage I bought the car from to take it off, I didn't want the same to happen to the 2nd engine! Maybe was a mistake, aren't these ecu's about £750? Didn't know about scoobynet then. (another well researched car purchase!) Could be interested in a scoobyecu though - Next month cause MOT tax and insurance due this month! Holy sh!t I'm skint.

caz1562 29 September 2003 01:14 AM

So I must have done ok then, mine lasted 30 months :D