ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   COMPATABILITY-98->99 (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/25278-compatability-98-99-a.html)

TC 01 January 1999 06:42 PM

AFTER MY MISFORTUNE-SEE NON FUNTION A.B.S,I THOUGHT GOOD TIME TO CHANGE SPOILER TO MY99 SPEC.CAN ANYONE TELL ME IS THIS POSSIBLE,AND CAN I ADD THE 99SPEC HEADLAMPS.

JohnS 01 January 1999 08:04 PM

Rear spoiler will fit the 98My cars fine, as it is essentially the same spoiler which was an expensive Prodrive option in previous years. I did hear a rumour that they might be a bit cheaper now (new cars have them as standard), so it might be worth checking for any good deals.

The new headlights should fit OK, but they will be expensive, and you will need the new bulbs as well. You are probably looking at somewhere around the £400 mark for everything including VAT and fitting.

From what I have heard, they are an improvement, but not that much. You would be better advised to fit a driving lamp conversion for half the money, and fit a set of the PIAA super white bulbs in your existing lamp enclosures.

Missing Details 01 January 1999 11:05 PM

The new headlights are 135 pounds each whereas the old ones up to 98MY were around 170 each, not sure if these figures include the dreaded VAT though. I have found the 99 lights to be better, but not a major improvement, until i put the xenons in. The Cibies will still be going back on though :-)

AlexD 03 January 1999 01:38 PM

Is the MY99 spoiler (the prodrive one) the same as the standard STI spoiler? (Not the STI V spoiler but the earlier ones).

From various pics on the web they do look quite similar. If they are quite similar (same), I was wondering how they compare on price as an after-market add-on. Anyone know?

AlexD 03 January 1999 01:39 PM

Is the MY99 spoiler (the prodrive one) the same as the standard STI spoiler? (Not the STI V spoiler but the earlier ones).

From various pics on the web they do look quite similar. If they are quite similar (same), I was wondering how they compare on price as an after-market add-on. Anyone know?

cbdb 08 January 1999 11:43 AM

The My 99 spoiler is in fact the old version of the STI.
The new STI version is this spoiler with attached to a riser. Cost unknown ??.

I hope that with the MY99 spoiler you will just have to retro fit a riser.

Does anyone disagree??

Jules 08 January 1999 01:18 PM

I dont know if you can just fit the riser or not. Graham Goode racing sell a qenuine V5 (very) High rear spoiler, costs £ 850.21 (Part no. GGS 307) but not just a riser.
(Or a genuine 22b rear spoiler at £ 1,499.99 !!! (Part no. GGS 308))
Anders - make sure your spoiler is properly bolted down cos at that cost you dont want to have to replace it !!!
A UK Spec 99MY High level spoiler you should get for £ 300 - 400. Try Import companies or maybe dealers may have them in stock from customers with 99MY Turbos who have opted for the lower more descreet spoiler.