ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Why would anyone buy a sti8 ppp with spec C about? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/252049-why-would-anyone-buy-a-sti8-ppp-with-spec-c-about.html)

TVR Gary 19 September 2003 09:33 AM

Silly question maybe BUT

With the spec C on the market giving massive power in standard form, ability to put some carpets in the boot, and a few other small mods making it an everyday car, why would anyone pay more money for an STi8 PPP?
I ask this coz I have an STi8 with a few small mods and I really really wish I had thought about it, waited a short while and got a spec C.

Ok the malor difference is warranty and closeness of dealer but other than that the spec C wins hands down, doesnt it? Oh and its around the same price or cheaper.....

What say you .......Gary stands back and waits for the torrent of PPP fanatics to hammer him

STi Paul 19 September 2003 09:37 AM

Totally agree, but to lose the scooby growl, would be a miss.

Paul

TVR Gary 19 September 2003 09:44 AM

Drove Iain (litchfied) test car and yes you loose the growl but with the milltek you gain a HOWWWWWWWLLLL and that was cool

Scooby96 19 September 2003 09:45 AM

Comforts might be a reason to go for the STI!

DaveR5gtt 19 September 2003 12:19 PM

I take it everyone has read the required reading :) The write up in evo, it did very well against the 911 and M3 CSL. and for the money I was very impressed. Think it matched the 911 upto about 100!!! thats awesome speed :)

Spec C looks to be a very good value car!!

:)

russell hayward 19 September 2003 12:28 PM

Roll on Tuesday when hopefully I get mine..

Luverly jubberly !

T5NYW 19 September 2003 12:31 PM

You never know, IM might bring a 'UK' version out soon ;)

I believe the 'C' requires servicing every 5k miles (but do that anyway with mine)

Tony

TVR Gary 19 September 2003 12:42 PM

The bit i liked in EVO was the fact that if you had it in the right gear it beat both the beemer and 911 in nearly all the increments. Having driven it I can believe it

Edcase 19 September 2003 03:31 PM

Tony - are you on the same grapevine I am? ;)

Russell - good choice, did you P/X the sti7?

Timmy Tato 20 September 2003 11:16 AM

Can I ask a question or two please that might influence why go for an STI 8 vs a Spec C. Spec C's are grey imports, right? So your warranty would be restricted, meaning you cannot simply go into any Subaru dealer, right? And if they are a grey import, then its going to be tougher/ more costly (generally) to insure?

OK the tech spec looks more appealing but these things matter to some people.

Appreciate any answers.

andrewdelvard 20 September 2003 11:37 AM

STI+PPP and Spec C insurance differences would be interesting. Wonder which one works out the better. Much difference?

Blue_Boy 20 September 2003 03:15 PM

Well - anyone who doesn't want the inconvenience of going someone other than the local Scooby garage would. Then you've got a longer warranty which is valid again in any Scooby garage. So your paying for the piece of mind really (providing you don't want the extra speed, your ok with this route).

Insurance wise, on Tesco's it was the difference of £120 for me between the 2, so more than worth the extra for my Spec C me thinks ;):D