ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   5th injector? (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/250781-5th-injector.html)

robinH20MRV 15 September 2003 06:37 PM

hi guys,

i have just bought a ra with the 5th injector,the std one in the center of the inlet manifold,

question 1/ is it a working one?
question 2/ if not (as i beleve) how do i get it working?

cheers, robinh20.

WUZ 15 September 2003 09:23 PM

I believe that Link and Apexi both has add-on systems that can control it for you!

Speak to Bob at BRD - he'll help:D

Russell

cube 15 September 2003 09:28 PM

Hi Robin,

Have you tried a search, IIRC someone on here did quite a lot of investigation some time ago (Andy F. I believe)on his and found it to be non-functional. Also the OEM ecu work required to get it working (at the time) looked a bit of a job.

Cube.

Andy.F 15 September 2003 10:36 PM

Correct, it is non functional as std. Its location suggests that it may not distribute fuel very evenly to all 4 intake runners.

I'd go for 4 bigger injectors if you are looking for more fuel flow capability.

Andy

mark@wrx 15 September 2003 11:10 PM

I thought the fifth injector was for water injection? I seem to remember reading that somewhere recently.

StickyMicky 16 September 2003 12:17 AM

does anybody really know what it is for?
i mean sum people on here must have had dealings with a ra rally car or sumthing that used it properly

ive always wonderd about the 5th injector

robinH20MRV 16 September 2003 04:43 AM

thanks guys,

as i suspected! not working! it must be a rally thing :O
andy, i will have to do a few bits and bobs b4 i need more fueling, ie forged pistons and new rods ect, i want this one to be RELIABLE!!!!! so i hope you dont mind me picking your (and everybodys) brains in the coming months!! :) see you at jvs!

cheers robinh20.

roodog 16 September 2003 06:21 AM

the 5th injectors on the RA motors is for cold start, its to small to of any use, you could use the slot in the manafold for water injection or for another injector, but if you are running a little lean, its time for larger squirters, rising reg and a bosch pump...

POC 16 September 2003 08:47 AM

I have a control module wired into the ECU on my 95 RA, I suspect it may be an external controller for the 5th injector, will be testing it this weekend. Still unsure of the benefits (if any!) of having this functional?

Could use it to control NOS I spose ;) :D

M0NEY 02 October 2003 01:20 PM

I asked this question months ago and again most people said it wasnt worth it?

A friend had this on his car. He had STI Type R with:

Full trust system
Trust blow off
Aftermarket ecu
Greddy boost controller
5th injector kit.
Trust FMIC

That was it. He pushed 380bhp out of his STI and he said it was popping and flaming like mad - but very quick on high boost.