ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ICE (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/)
-   -   How do Halfords get away with it? (https://www.scoobynet.com/ice-2/246445-how-do-halfords-get-away-with-it.html)

BigRed 09 June 2003 10:21 AM

Won't price match with internet prices though:( Although you can see what you buy and try it out, then same as mentioned above you can buy through the internet and save some dosh for later ICE additons;)

Also there TV ad's make me :) , weve had a few chimps at our local Halfords store in the past years, nevermind ,pay peanuts get monkeys;)

Lea

[Edited by BigRed - 9/6/2003 10:22:37 AM]

P1Fanatic 03 September 2003 11:23 AM

Was buying a £1 bulb yesterday and went and had a fiddle with the car stereos. Pioneer DEH-P8400MP at £599.99.

Got home did a quick search online and found same head unit for £369.99 delivered, a saving of £230. Outrageous that a) they sell them at that price and b) some people obviously buy them.

Simon.

chiark 03 September 2003 12:10 PM

Supply and demand... It's not "getting away with it", it's supporting a network of car accessory and parts stores that have more overheads than bedroom ICE supplies ltd ;)

P1Fanatic 03 September 2003 01:01 PM

A 60% price difference? And the price I quoted was from Car Electronics who have 3 shops nationwide, so hardly a bedroom outfit.

Simon.

P.S. You dont work for Halfords do you? :D

cliff_vtr 03 September 2003 02:25 PM

yes halfords are overpriced. I go in there listen to the ICE, note down the model number and go buy it somewhere else

i just got the dp600R for £100, 2nd hand but only months old and still had all the boxes, perfect, and normal price is 350-400 :D

Cliff

hades 03 September 2003 06:59 PM

Just occassionally, they do have good deals, just to confuse everyone. I got a phoenix gold 150.4 amp (on special) plus infinity 605cs speakers (talked em down as the box had been on display) for £230 all in from halfords; couldn't find anywhere on line to match that.

And then there's the convenience factor of popping down the road and buying things, not to be overlooked for most people . . .

chiark 03 September 2003 08:09 PM

No mate, I don't work for halfords. But they have a purpose; they set the price that others discount against...

They've sorted me out for brake pads, lights etc and people do pay for convenience.

Luke 03 September 2003 10:32 PM

check out their Ex demo display section..most branches have them, I had a great deal on a sony head unit. They just wanted shot of it. Full 1 year guarantee

Si.t 06 September 2003 01:39 AM

car electronics are a top bunch for reliability and price, plus have loads on display. halfords is good for autoleads and ixos quality cable - i got my 4 way rca for 30 quid, apparently well under the going rate - but still bloody good for the price onsidering a two way was 25 quid

myp1 06 September 2003 07:26 AM

they do have their guidlines but i think u will find their prices are rrp and they will price match with other people