ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wheels, Tyres & Brakes (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/)
-   -   Pirelli tyres (https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyres-and-brakes-13/246022-pirelli-tyres.html)

MattW 01 September 2003 11:22 PM

Anyone tried Rosso's? Been offerred them or Neros for 118 per corner fitted on 18's.

Do I need TL or the XL fitting?

7 Foot 02 September 2003 10:43 AM

Wouldn't bother. I am just about to buy Toyo Proxes 215/35/18 for £92 a corner (delivered) from mytyres.net - my local tyre place will balance and fit for £5 (cash;)) per corner.

DBY 02 September 2003 11:29 AM

I have 18 Neros on wrx03 with ppp and they are bloody fantastic try as i mint they will not break away in wet or dry conditions and inspire total confidence. Evo magazine fitted them to a Lancer Evo 7 that they had on long term test and they also raved about them so you cant say fairer than that seems a good price to.

Regards

John

DaveW 02 September 2003 11:45 AM

The Pirelli's will have stiffer side walls than the Toyo's so you will get better turn in, Nero's may be a little noisier as they were developed without consideration for noise, just performance. Not sure which ones will last longer but it would probably be the Toyo's.

I know someone who rates even the P7000 above the Toyo's for its better turn in and progressive breakaway.

DaveW.

simo 02 September 2003 12:40 PM

neros definatly :)

I have had a few sets of 18" toyos on the P1, not have the neros on the STI8 and bloody good, especially in the wet (ask floyd :))

cheers simon

mark@wrx 02 September 2003 01:18 PM

Who's that then Dave?;) I went from Toyo to Pirelli with my 17" wheels. I find that the Pirelli's are much more stable on the road ie they don't get affected by torque steer or heavy braking as much as the Toyo's. Also they don't "grab" when driving over uneven road surfaces like manhole covers, potholes etc. Most of this is down to stiffer side walls I think. As for grip, they seem to be just about on a parr with the Toyo, maybe with fractionally less absolute grip. But my choice would be the Pirelli as its a much better all round tyre, IMHO.

MattW 02 September 2003 03:57 PM

7 Foot - these are 225's.

Ok so Nero'
s are great, what about Pirelli Rossi?

DBY 02 September 2003 04:27 PM

Rossi wiped the floor in the Autocar tyre test in Feb this year they were up against Mich Pilot Sport and Conti fitted to BMW M3,On the Rossi the car was 3 seconds quicker round Mich test centre in france in the wet and had better dry weather grip as well. The only draw back to them over the outher two was their rolling resistance was not as good so fuel consumption not so good, I dont think you will be disappointed either way ie Nero or Rossi.

Regards

John

MattW 02 September 2003 06:12 PM

Thanks all. Going on my brand new FF7's ready for friday pickup of new PPP sti8:)

jag_h 02 September 2003 10:35 PM

i got the asymetrics on mine... bloody ace!